GregStephens, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! -- Davodd | Talk 00:30, 18 Feb 2005 (UTC)
G'day, nice to have a Kiwi on the site, there's a few aussies around so i guess you can help us put some balance into stories about the wallabies kicking the arses of the all blacks and what not :P Anyway as davodd said, welcome. ~The bellman | Smile 10:47, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC)
You have said that you have removed 'ASSPUS ' whatever, I am still trying to get the dam thing off my screen
nearly forgot, I am in Australia and it is now quarter to five in the evening and try as I may, I still keep getting it back, it really is distracting
regards Richnbear, [ my wiki name ]
(moved from UserPage --GregStephens 00:40, 20 Apr 2005 (UTC))