Wikinews interviews Canadian Paralympic skier Vanessa Knight
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Wikinews We're interviewing Vanessa Knight, who's from Canada.
- Vanessa Knight: That's right!
WN And what are you?
- Vanessa Knight: I am a disabled racer. I have a left arm amputation and I'm a speed skier.
WN So you're one of the standing skiers.
- Vanessa Knight: Yes.
WN I've been asking a lot of Paralympic disability skiers, what is the craziest skier of the slope? The standing ones, the blind ones, or the mono skiers?
- Vanessa Knight: Oh my God, the blind ones for sure. I couldn't imagine throwing myself down a hill without seeing anything. Especially the . They have duct tape on their goggles.
WN Where from Canada are you from?
- Vanessa Knight: I'm from . .
WN And how long have you been skiing?
- Vanessa Knight: I've just entered my fourth year.
WN And are you going to Sochi?
- Vanessa Knight: I hope so!
WN Are you going to beat... oh! doesn't have any skiers for you to beat. Do you think the level of competition for women's disability skiing is high enough to give the sport a future?
- Vanessa Knight: I think the level of competition is high enough, yes. But I still think we need more racers and people to get involved and really promote the sport, because, I mean, the more the merrier, right?
WN Why are there so many men in skiing compared to women?
- Vanessa Knight: I guess some girls are just scared and they don't want to throw themselves out there. But I'm not like that and neither are the rest of the girls here. They're not afraid to throw themselves down a hill and go fast.
WN Do you think skiers are some of the craziest Paralympic athletes?
- Vanessa Knight: Oh definitely.
WN Is there anything you want to say about disability skiing in Canada that people in Australia or the world should know?
- Vanessa Knight: Pretty much to say: It's really cold in Canada. And we love it!
Related news 
- "Wikinews interviews Chilean Paralympic skier Jorge Migueles" — Wikinews, December 19, 2012
- "Wikinews interviews Australian disability standing skier Jonty O'Callaghan" — Wikinews, December 17, 2012
- "Wikinews interviews Australian sit skier Lincoln Budge" — Wikinews, December 15, 2012
- "Wikinews interviews Australian sit skier Victoria Pendergast" — Wikinews, December 15, 2012
- "Wikinews interviews Australian Paralympic skiers Toby Kane, Cameron Rahles Rahbula, and Mitchell Gourley" — Wikinews, December 14, 2012
- "Wikinews interviews Australian Paralympic skier Andrew Bor" — Wikinews, December 11, 2012
- "Wikinews interviews Australian Paralympic skiers Jessica Gallagher and Eric Bickerton" — Wikinews, December 11, 2012
- "Wikinews interviews Australian blind Paralympic skier Melissa Perrine" — Wikinews, December 10, 2012