2008 WiMAX Expo Taipei to showcase the solutions of WiMAX
Monday, June 2, 2008
Leading up to the 2008 COMPUTEX show, the "2008 WiMAX Expo Taipei" is being held. Co-organized by Taiwan External Trade Development Council, Taipei Computer Association (TCA), the Industrial Development Bureau of the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA), M-Taiwan Office, and WiMAX Forum, the expo will be held in Taipei Show Hall two. It is planned to run for five consecutive days commencing on June 2. In addition, the 2008 WiMAX Forum Operator Summit will be also held at Far Eastern Plaza Hotel on June 2 & 3.
According to the Taipei Computer Association (TCA), there will be sixty networking companies and manufacturers participating in this show. Their aim, to demonstrate the telecommunications technology in Taiwan. About seventy world-class operators from the networking industry will be invited to join the Forum Summit.
|'WiMAX', the 4th-generation networking technology, showed several advantages as a 'MUST'-have trend, 'M' for mobility, 'U' for ultra-lows, 'S' for smart [or intelligent], 'T', not only for thin [or mini] but also for Taiwan because the WiMAX infrastructure in Taiwan leveled up the ICT industry. If the WiMAX become popular in Taiwan, its industrial applications and solutions will be more valuable after several required testings and evaluations.|
—John Hsuan, Vice Chairman and CEO of United Microelectronics Corporation
Following the Ministry of Economic Affairs signing an extended Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Intel on April 21, both will work together to promote the WiMAX industry in Taiwan. Intel, participating in both COMPUTEX and the WiMAX expo has a number of WiMAX Segways to demonstrate the technology. Their involvement will also include acting as hosts for the 2008 e21FORUM where Mobile Web 2.0 will be discussed.
A bus promoting the WiMAX expo will also be in service with Far EasTone Telecommunications and First International Telecom doing live demonstrations of their enterprise offerings.
Pre-Show Image Highlights
The Show Briefing during the Pre-Exhibition Press Conference.
WiMAX Experience Bus by Far EasTone Telecommunications.
WiMAX Experience Bus by First International Telecom.
Intel WiMAX Segway.
Intel WiMAX Segway, in the left is Lonnie McAlister, APAC Product Manager, Intel Corporation.
Intel will participate in the COMPUTEX Taipei and WiMAX Expo Taipei with their main theme slogan - "Intel Inside, WiMAX Outside".
- "Far EasTone to participate in WiMAX expo" — , May 31, 2008
- Press Release: "FET to promote WiMAX applications in daily life at 2008 WiMAX Expo Taipei" — , May 30, 2008
- "World's largest WiMAX expo to hit Taipei next week" — , May 30, 2008
- "FITEL to exhibit at the 2008 WiMAX Expo, Taipei FITEL's mobile video conterence experience bus will show visitors to the exhibition the future of wireless broadband" — , April 18, 2008
- Thomas Ricker. "Video: Intel's WiMax Segway takes geek, extreme" — , February 13, 2008
- Press Release: "Intel to Combine WiMAX and Variety of Mobile Devices to Shape Future Wireless Broadband Internet World" — , September 19, 2007