WiMAX Forum: WiMAX usage anticipated to increase significantly over next four years
Sunday, June 15, 2008
In the opening day of 2008 WiMAX Expo Taipei (June 2), WiMAX Forum and Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) held the "WiMAX Forum Operator Summit" for global WiMAX operators at Far Eastern Plaza Hotel to examine and forecast the opportunity of WiMAX. In addition, WiMAX Forum released the "Executive Summary of the WiMAX Forum Global WiMAX Subscriber & User Forecast" during a press conference at Taipei Show Hall 2.
|With the maturity of WiMAX [industry and technology], we [the WiMAX Forum] predict that the utilization of WiMAX will reach over 133 million users globally by 2012, and regions from The Asia Pacific and North America will lead the market in total actual users. The number of global WiMAX users is expected to rise to 538 by 2012, and regions from Africa and Middle East will have the highest number of WiMAX operators in the future.|
—Ron Resnick, President of WiMAX Forum
Besides of the announcements and M-Taiwan Pavilion showcase, the WiMAX Forum Taiwan Chapter also held the "Open House of M-Taiwan WiMAX Application Lab" to demonstrate the R&D achievements in Hsinchu on June 3 - 4, driving more discussions between industrial businesspeople especially in Taiwan.
|This is a complete or partial translation of the article "WiMAX Forum：WiMAX使用率 四年後將大幅提升", from the Chinese language Wikinews, published under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.|
- Hung-ru Ho. "WiMAX Forum：2012年全球用戶估達1.33億人" — , June 2, 2008 ()
- Chun-ying Yang. "全球WiMAX營運商高峰會於台北開幕" — , June 3, 2008 ()
- Kevin Fitchard. "WiMAX Summit: Don’t believe (or create) the hype" — , June 2, 2008
- Chih-Feng Chen, Steve Shen. "WiMAX Expo kicks off in Taipei" — , June 2, 2008
- Press Release: "WiMAX Forum® and ITRI announce the First Taiwan WiMAX Operators Summit" — , June 1, 2008