Australia's richest man dies aged 68
Announcer Richard Wilkins said on the Today Show that he had just been handed official confirmation of Mr Packer's death at 68.
He said a statement from Tony Ritchie, Nine head of news, said: "Mrs Kerry Packer and her children James and Gretel sadly report the passing last evening of her husband and their father Kerry. He died peacefully at home with his family at his bedside".
Packer was the major shareholder in Publishing and Broadcasting Limited (PBL) which owns the Nine television network and Australian Consolidated Press, the producer of many Australian and New Zealand magazines.
- "Kerry Packer dead at 68" — , December 27, 2005
- Annabel Crabb. "Best friends with a taste for business and the good life" — , January 1, 2006
- Lisa Murray. "Here comes the son" — , December 31, 2005
- Malcolm Maiden. "Billionaire preferred burgers" — , December 31, 2005
- Kate McClymont. "Thanks a million: Packer's gifts" — , January 7, 2006