Bomb blast in Delhi kills 12, injures 62
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Twelve people were reported killed and 62 people injured in a terrorist attack outside gate number 5 of New Delhi at around 10:15am (4:45 am GMT) on Wednesday., in India's capital
According to home secretary RK Singh, the explosives were hidden in a briefcase placed in the reception of the high court. At that moment hundreds of people were present on the site to get passes to attend court cases. Islamic fundamentalist organizationclaimed the responsibility for these blasts. In an email sent to the media, the group demanded immediate repeal of the the death penalty given to , a terrorist involved in the attack on the . They also warned that they could target other high courts and the .
Victims injured in the attack have been taken to, , and . As the accident site is not far from the and the Prime Minister's Office, the have cordoned off the area.
"My heart goes out to the bereaved families and to those who are injured I convey my best wishes," Manmohan Singh said in a statement to the Indian journalists accompanying him on his two-day Bangladesh visit.
- "Briefcase bomb at Delhi high court kills 12, injures 62" — , September 7, 2011
- "HuJI claims responsibility for Delhi high court blast" — , September 7, 2011
- "10 dead in Delhi High Court blast, NIA to probe" — , September 7, 2011
- "Delhi HC blast: Death toll rises to 12, 60 hurt, slogans against Rahul Gandhi" — , September 7, 2011
- "M Karunanidhi expresses concern over Delhi blast" — , September 7, 2011
- "Delhi blast: We won't succumb to terrorism, says Manmohan Singh" — , September 7, 2011
- "Bollywood celebs react to Delhi Blast" — , September 7, 2011