Colleges offering admission to displaced New Orleans students
- See the discussion page for instructions on adding schools to this list and for an alphabetically arranged listing of schools.Thursday, September 15, 2005
Enrollment dates for many schools have passed, and will be indicated next to the school's entry under the by-state list. Update will take place in the next few days.Tuesday, September 6, 2005
Due to the damage by Hurricane Katrina and subsequent flooding, a number of colleges and universities in the New Orleans metropolitan area will not be able to hold classes for the fall 2005 semester. It is estimated that 75,000 to 100,000 students have been displaced. . In response, institutions across the United States and Canada are offering late registration for displaced students so that their academic progress is not unduly delayed. Some are offering free or reduced admission to displaced students. At some universities, especially state universities, this offer is limited to residents of the area.
ATTENTION: For those seeking information about admissions for children into Elementary, Junior High and High Schools in California, please refer to the link listed to the right. 
The list has been split into five separate articles: three for U.S. States, a fourth for international, a fifth for schools in all locations offering space for faculty, graduate and professional students.
- Main page
- Alabama – Kentucky
- Louisiana – North Dakota
- Ohio – Wyoming
- U.S. Territories and International
- Faculty, graduate and professional students
Also, each state is linked below:
Alabama | Alaska | Arizona | Arkansas | California | Colorado | Connecticut | Delaware | District of Columbia | Florida | Georgia | Hawaii | Idaho | Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Kansas | Kentucky | Louisiana | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Michigan | Minnesota | Mississippi | Missouri | Montana | Nebraska | Nevada | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New Mexico | New York | North Carolina | North Dakota | Ohio | Oklahoma | Oregon | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | South Carolina | South Dakota | Tennessee | Texas | Utah | Vermont | Virginia | Washington | West Virginia | Wisconsin | Wyoming | Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands | Canada | Other International
To those college officials posting special offers for displaced college student, please consider multiple posting on the following e-lists as there is not yet one master or all inclusive site.
- http://www.livejournal.com/community/academics_anon/853282.html A massive, three part site listing hundreds of colleges and universities. This comes as close to an all-inclusive site as has so far appeared for universities accepting displaced college students.
Helping students displaced by Katrina, get new clothing and school supplies.
Faculty, Graduate, and Professional Students
The list of schools offering accommodation to faculty, graduate, and professional students has moved. It is now Colleges offering admission to displaced New Orleans graduate students.
- If your school is dealing with both undergraduates and graduates, please add it to both lists.
- Please help collect the information from the below linked lists to this article if you can. See the discussion page for instructions.
Maintained by higher-education organizations
- campusrelief.org - Information clearinghouse from The American Council on Education and the National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- Louisiana Board of Regents Information for Displaced Students, Faculty and Staff
- Universities offer assistance to university students affected by Katrina - Maintained by Louisiana State University Hurricane Recovery & Relief Information Center
- KatrinaCollegeStudents.org - Maintained by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Katrina relief efforts - Maintained by The National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities]
- Temporary Higher Education Community for Hurricane Katrina Relief - Maintained by The Society for College and University Planning
- Press releases collected at collaborativepr.com: Page 1 Page 2
- Hurricane Katrina relief information - Maintained by Campus Compact
- Katrina Relief College Database - Maintained by elearners.com
- Helping Students Displaced by Katrina - Maintained by katrinacampusrelief.org
Maintained by individuals or student groups
- Alphabetical list of colleges and universities accepting displaced students, A-I / J-O / P-Z
- Colleges offering to help students displaced by Katrina
- College Students at KatrinaHelp.info
- KatrinaHousing.net maintained by University of Michigan
- HurricaneHousing.org maintained by MoveOn.org
|The text of this article has been released into the public domain. In the event that this is not legally possible, this article may be used for any purpose, without any condition, unless such conditions are required by law. This applies worldwide. Copyright terms on images, however, may vary, so please check individual image pages prior to duplication.
Please note that this only applies to Wikinews content created prior to September 25, 2005. All content created after that date is released under a Creative Commons license which is mentioned at the bottom of each article. This is currently the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.