Comments:5.6 earthquake strikes California
This page is for commentary on the news. If you wish to point out a problem in the article (e.g. factual error, etc), please use its regular collaboration page instead. Comments on this page do not need to adhere to the Neutral Point of View policy. You should sign your comments by adding ~~~~ to the end of your message. Please remain on topic. Though there are very few rules governing what can be said here, civil discussion and polite sparring make our comments pages a fun and friendly place. Please think of this when posting.
Quick hints for new commentators:
- Use colons to indent a response to someone else's remarks
- Always sign your comments by putting --~~~~ at the end
- You can edit a section by using the edit link to the right of the section heading
Felt it all the way here from Merced, CA SO SHUT UP WE DONT RALLY CARE
I'm dubious about whether the phone lines were actually down. I think the Mercury is mistaken (wouldn't be anywhere near the first time, after all).
Rather, I think it was simply that the number of calls being made at the time backed up the phone lines. There's only so many 'are you OK?' calls a telecommunications infrastructure can handle at any one point in time!
As of the current time, the time of the quake is being reported as having happened in the future. 126.96.36.199 01:13, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
san francisco bay area 5.6 magnitude earthquake
very rare to have an earthquake like this in the south bay area, judging by the damage looks like this quake was very brief. Hope everyone is ok, here in England we get quakes like that occasionally aswell scary stuff.
- Not rare at all. Quakes like that occur in all parts of the Bay Area. 188.8.131.52 05:15, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- Do you even live in the Bay Area? A 5.6 quake lasting for 30 seconds is NOT rare in the Bay Area...this was the largest quake since Loma Prieta in 1989--184.108.40.206 05:15, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
im a big loser nobody cares wat i say and i just wrote this to sound cool!! Gay GAy GAy Fat ass loser who lives on his mommas couch!!! "im so cool" he says but blah blah blah WHO CARES!!
i could feel it in tracy
i was sitting on my bed watching T.V and my entier bed started to shake it felt like the exercisim of emily rose it was so scary!!
Did You Know
this is really dumb and earth quakes are just tectonic plates thrusting together