Explosion in central Bangkok: Thailand to hunt those responsible
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
authorities are searching for a man wearing a yellow , recorded on video leaving a backpack shortly before a pipe-bomb exploded two days ago near Erawan Shrine, .
The shrine is a popular attraction in Thailand's capital, where at least 20 people, including at least eight foreigners, are reported dead with upwards of 100 injured.
The blast occurred at approximately 7pm on Monday(1200 ), when central Bangkok was flooded with pedestrian activity. Authorities say the suspect may have already left Thailand and was assisted by others.
Following months of political unrest, since the explosion thehit a six year low.
According to Defence Minister Prawit Wonguwan speaking to, the bombing was a deliberate attack on the country's economy and tourism industry.
Military authorities saidinsurgents from the country's southern provinces are unlikely to be behind the attack.
- Raziye Akkoc. "Bangkok bomb: Suspect described as probably having some 'Middle Eastern blood' - live updates" — , August 19, 2015
- Lindsay Murdoch. "Bangkok bombing investigation: no shortage of suspects in Erawan Shrine attack" — , August 18, 2015
- "Thailand sets up 'war room' to hunt Bangkok bombers" — , August 18, 2015
- Amy Sawitta Lefevre and Aukkarapon Niyomyat. "Thai authorities say looking for suspect seen in CCTV footage at blast site" — , August 18, 2015
- Lindsay Murdoch. "Bangkok bombing: Explosion in centre of Thai capital leaves more than 20 dead" — , August 18, 2015
- Thai baht, tourism shares hit over blast" — , August 18, 2015. "