Explosion outside Trinidad nightclub wounds more than 10
Saturday, October 15, 2005Trinidad's capital, Port-of-Spain, has wounded at least 10. Officials are unsure of the cause of the explosion and no group has yet claimed responsibility. This is the fourth such bombing to occur in the area -- all the bombings have occurred near the same time each month. The explosion occurred just after 7:00 p.m. AST (2300 UTC) outside the "Smoky and Bunty" bar along a popular strip of bars and clubs.An explosion outside a popular nightclub in
"This is the worst type of attack on our city and against our citizens," said Minister of National Security Martin Joseph during a press conference. Joseph also announced that five suspects were detained and being questioned by police. "What is different on this occasion is that there have been arrests."
The United States Department of State and the Canadian government have issued travel warnings in response to the recent violence in the area.
- "Explosion Outside Popular Nightclub in Trinidad's Capital Wounds 10" — , October 15, 2005
- Press Trust of India. "Six injured in nightclub bomb blast in Trinidad" — , October 15, 2005
- Stephen Cummings. "Port of Spain, Trinidad hit by another explosion" — , October 15, 2005
- "An explosion wounded three people in Trinidad's capital" — , October 15, 2005
- Darryl Heeralal, Cordielle Street and Gregory Lal-Beharie. "TEN hurt, FIVE HELD" — , October 15, 2005