Felix becomes Category 1 hurricane as it threatens Aruba
Sunday, September 2, 2007
The sixth named storm and second hurricane of the Aruba. gathered strength all day Saturday and pounded Grenada with heavy rains and wind. Hurricane Felix snapped small boats loose from their moorings and even toppled utility poles as it heads toward the Caribbean island of Aruba.is in full swing and headed toward
Felix was upgraded from a tropical storm to a hurricane Saturday evening as it sustained maximum winds of 120 kilometers an hour.
Hurricane Felix swept over Grenada on Saturday. Felix had such strength that local radio and TV stations were knocked out of service and utility poles were toppled. At this point, no injuries are reported. The storm did, however, rip two roofs off at least two homes and a popular concert venue was demolished.
- "Record-breaking 2005 Atlantic Hurricane Season officially ends" — Wikinews, January 6, 2006
- "Hurricane Katrina strikes Florida, kills seven" — Wikinews, August 26, 2005
- "Hurricane Emily hits Grenada" — Wikinews, July 14, 2005
- "Hurricane Dennis heads for Gulf Coast, leaves trail of destruction in its wake" — Wikinews, July 9, 2005
- "Hurricane Maria forms in Atlantic" — Wikinews, September 4, 2005
- "Felix becomes Category 1 hurricane as it swirls toward Aruba" — , September 2, 2007
- The Associated Press. "Felix becomes hurricane in Caribbean, heads toward Aruba; tropical storm kills 6 in Acapulco" — , September 2, 2007