French inspection: North Korean ship has no illegal cargo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Officials on the North Korean vessel they searched today had no illegal cargo.island of said that a
The UN passed Resolution 1718, imposing new sanctions on North Korea, in response to atest in October. The ship was searched at the small French island of Mayotte. The BBC reports that this may be the first search of a North Korean vessel under the new sanctions regime.
Update:Friday, November 17, 2006, Press agency AFP reported last night that French authorities plan to continue inspecting the ship until the end of the week.
- "France searches N Korean vessel" — , November 16 2006; 15:25GMT
- AFP. "French authorities inspect North Korean ship in Indian Ocean" — , November 16, 2006; 15.07 GMT
- "UN slaps sanctions on North Korea" — , October 14, 2006
- Press Release: "Security Council codemns nuclear test by Democratic People's Republic of Korea" — , October 14, 2006
- John Leicester, AP. "France Inspecting North Korean Ship" — , November 16, 2006
- AFP. "French authorities inspect NKorean ship" — , November 16, 2006, 19:14 GMT
- French Ministry of Foreign Affairs (English language pages)
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|