Google's GPhone to be postponed awaiting Android modifications
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Ever since Google Android was discussed at the 2007 Google Developer Day, and the conceptual structure of the GPhone was announced last year, mobile phone manufacturers, including Motorola, HTC, and Samsung, have been highly interested in manufacturing the GPhone.
The "GPhone" will be built with "Android" inside, which has had several issues with multi-language transformation and localization in different countries. It was confirmed to thirty-three manufacturers that the GPhone's launch will be postponed to 2008 Q4 or 2009 Q1 after the stability of Android is greater.
Although the postponement was confirmed, some industrial analysts commented that GPhone will be the greatest opponent for iPhone after its launch.
- "Google Should Have Made The gPhone" — AndroidGuys, June 28, 2008
- Desire Athow. "Gphone Launch To Be Delayed Till End of 2008" — ITProPortal.com, June 24, 2008
- Peter Smith. "Gphone Delayed Until 2008" — I.T. Vibe, June 24, 2008
- Jonathan Richards. "Gphone launch delayed until end of 2008" — The Times, June 23, 2008
- Eric Zeman. "Google's 'GPhone' Delayed Until 2009" — InformationWeek, June 2, 2008