India and Pakistan accuse each other of ceasefire violation
Sunday, July 27, 2014
During the last week, through Friday, there have been several incidents ofat the – border, causing deaths on both sides: members of India's (BSF) and Pakistani citizens, suspected by India to be . Both India and Pakistan have accused the opposite side of initiating the violation.
On Sunday, July 20, a citizen of Pakistan was killed in a cross-border firing by India's BSF. The place was described as located in Charwa andsector near by Pakistani press, and Karole in sector of by Indian press. On Tuesday, Indian press reported two troopers were injured and one killed in a firing at the in sector of district; reportedly, there was an infiltration into India happening. On Wednesday, Pakistani press reported a resident, Iftikhar, was shot by India's BSF across the border, at the district control centre, . Indian army said there was an infiltration attempt late Wednesday in Tarkundi area of . There was yet another firing on Friday evening, in Balakote part of sector, Poonch district; reportedly, there were no deaths or property damage.
According to, the firing from India was unprovoked in both Sunday and Wednesday incidents; in the first incident, and in the second incident, retaliated with intention to stop the firing. After each incident, the Rangers have demanded a to resolve tensions.
According to Pakistani, seven people were injured during the Sunday incident, including a woman and a child, who were immediately brought to , Sialkot. Pakistani reported there were three women and a child injured. Firing reportedly continued for several hours starting late Saturday night, creating in the nearby population.
According to, there were five ceasefire violations in June. According to , there were previous incidents on July 20, July 18, July 17, July 16, July 12, and July 1, making the incident on Friday the seventh ceasefire violation in July.
On Sunday and Wednesday, the heavy firing has also reportedly killed.
- Pak Troops Violate Ceasefire Again, Target Indian Posts in J-K" — , July 25, 2014 . "
- "In Jammu, PDP stages protest against Pak firing on LoC" — , July 24, 2014
- "Cross-border firing" — , July 24, 2014
- Another Pakistani killed by Indian forces firing on Narowal border" — , July 24, 2014 . "
- "LoC violation: Indian firing kills one Pakistani" — , July 23, 2014
- "Pakistan again violates ceasefire, 1 Indian soldier killed" — , July 23, 2014
- "LoC violation: One Pakistani killed in Indian firing, Rangers demand flag meeting" — , July 20, 2014
- Pakistan ceasefire violation: Firing on 15 border outposts in Jammu" — , July 20, 2014