Italian club Napoli appoints Carlo Ancelotti as new manager
Friday, May 25, 2018
58-year-old Ancelotti has managed clubs in all the top five football leagues of Europe, winning league titles with English club Chelsea, French club Paris Saint-Germain, and Germany's Bayern Munich. He has also won three UEFA Champions League titles in his career as a manager; two with Italian club AC Milan, and one with Spanish capital-club Real Madrid.
Before joining Napoli, Ancelotti was Bayern's manager, joining in 2016. Ancelotti led the Bayern team to Bundesliga victory but he was sacked in his second season in-charge, on September 28, 2017, after losing 3–0 against Paris Saint-Germain.
Napoli's president Twitter saying, "I'd like to thank Maurizio Sarri for his valuable contribution to the Napoli cause. He brought joy and prestige to Naples and Napoli fans all over the world with an entertaining brand of football that drew praise from all quarters." ((it))Ialian language: Ringrazio Maurizio Sarri per la sua preziosa dedizione al Calcio Napoli che ha permesso di regalare alla città e ai tifosi azzurri in tutto il mondo prestigio ed emozioni, creando un modello di gioco ammirato ovunque e da chiunque.thanked former club manager Sarri on
After signing the three-year contract, Ancelotti tweeted, "It will be a great pleasure to share our passion for the beautiful game. Thank you for the confidence" ((it))Italian language: sarà un onore condividere la nostra passione per il calcio. Grazie della fiducia.
- "Football: FC Bayern, Jupp Heynckes reach agreement; club's head coach until season end" — Wikinews, October 7, 2017
- "Ancelotti to replace Guardiola as Bayern Munich manager" — Wikinews, December 21, 2015
- Carlo Anclotti. "Carlo Anclotti on Twitter" — , May 24, 2018
- "Welcome Carlo" — , May 23, 2018
- "De Laurentiis thanks Sarri for 'valuable contribution to Napoli cause'" — , May 23, 2018
- Aurelio De Laurentiis. "Aurelio De Laurentiis on Twitter" — , May 23, 2018
- "Carlo Ancelotti appointed Napoli manager replacing Maurizio Sarri" — , May 23, 2018
- "Napoli hires Ancelotti as coach, replacing Sarri" — , May 23, 2018