NASCAR: Dale Earnhardt, Jr. earns 2011 Daytona 500 pole
Monday, February 14, 2011
NASCAR driver won his first of the today for the that will be held at in , Florida. His time of 48.364 seconds was faster than all others who qualified. followed in the second position with a time of 48.396. Unlike other qualifying sessions, this qualifying session only decided the first and second position, while the others will be decided by the two held on February 17.
It was the third time that both first and second place car was from. Following his qualifying run, he said, "We had a great car today. I didn't really have a whole lot to do with it, just had to hold on the bottom as tight as I could and the power and the body and everything does all the work." He continued, "It obviously gives you a good idea that you've got a great car, but anyone can win the race. There's guys that qualified outside the top 20 that have got winning cars." Earnhardt started second in the race last year, and has won the race once, which was in 2004.
The race will be held at 13:00 United States. It will also be broadcast on the radio station at 12:00 EST.on February 20, 2011. The race will be broadcast on in the
- "RACE LINEUP Daytona 500" — , February 13, 2011
- "How 2011 Daytona 500 qualifying works" — , February 13, 2011
- Sporting News Wire Service. "Earnhardt to start from the 500 pole for first time" — , February 13, 2011
- Chris Jenkins. "Junior! Earnhardt Jr. Wins Daytona 500 Pole" — , February 13, 2011
- "2011 Sprint Cup Series Schedule" — , Februay 13, 2011