New Zealand National Party only wants immigrants of "bedrock values"
Friday, July 28, 2006
The New Zealand should not welcome those who want to live here but reject core aspects of the country's culture."leader, , says that they only want immigrants who accept the "bedrock values" of New Zealand society. Brash said to the Association for Migration and Investment: "
Dr. Brash says that the following are the "bedrock values":
- Acceptance of democracy,
- The rule of law,
- Religious and personal freedom,
- Legal equality of the sexes,
- Speak English, or learn it quickly.
"If you don't accept these fundamentals then New Zealand isn't the place for you. Many migrants to New Zealand in recent times have come from cultures that do not share the same 'bedrock values'," said Brash.
, Immigration Minister, said: "The National Party leader's comments are pejorative and insulting."
- "Brash wants immigrants to share "bedrock values"" — , July 28, 2006
- Immigrants must accept NZ's 'bedrock values' – Brash" — , July 28, 2006. "
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|