US warns its citizens to leave Ukraine as Russia could invade 'anytime'
Saturday, February 12, 2022
In a press conference, Blinken advised all American citizens to evacuate from Ukraine within 48 hours to avoid the risk of a potential invasion. Australia and New Zealand have also recently warned their citizens to leave the Eastern European country. US President Joe Biden said in an interview with NBC News on Thursday the situation in Ukraine "could go crazy quickly".
has warned American citizens in Ukraine won't receive if they choose to remain. He also cautioned a Russian "invasion could begin at any time".
Russia has denied it plans to invade Ukraine and called the Western response "a sign of diplomatic impoliteness and disrespect". Recent satellite images published by US-based Crimea, and Russian ally Belarus.show significant build-up of Russian troops along Ukraine's borders with western Russia, Russian-occupied
Thedeclared it would terminate all visa and consular services to Ukraine from tomorrow, but maintain a 'small' consular presence in for emergency purposes.
- "Putin calls US troops in Poland 'a threat'" — Wikinews, January 13, 2017
- "Ukrainian troops on Crimean border on high alert after rising tension with Russia" — Wikinews, August 14, 2016
- "Leave Ukraine within 48 hours as Russian attack can come any time, US tells Americans" — , February 12, 2022
- Jeff Mason and Tom Balmforth. "U.S. and allies tell citizens to leave Ukraine as Russia could invade 'at any time'" — , February 11, 2022
- "Satellite images show new Russian military deployments near Ukraine" — , February 11, 2022
- "Ukraine Travel Advisory" — , February 12, 2022