New version of Firefox browser released
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Today, The Mozilla Corporation launches Firefox 2.0 Final, the Second-generation release of Firefox. Firefox 1.0 was originally released on November 9, 2004 , and currently Firefox has a usage share of about 12% .
New features in Firefox 2.0 include enhancements in security, tabbed browsing, performance, and extensions.
Firefox 2.0 also has:
- built-in spell checking
- improved antiphishing feature
- ability to restore a session if the session accidentally crashed
- ability to reopen closed tabs
Search engines will also include their own suggestions.
- Press Release: "Mozilla Releases Major Update to Firefox and Raises the Bar for Online Experience" — , October 24, 2006
- "Video: Firefox 2 has arrived" — , October 24, 2006