Ronaldo signs extended contract with Real Madrid to 2021
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Ronaldo joined Los Blancos in the summer of 2009 from English club Manchester United F.C. Since then, he has netted 371 goals for the club. Spending seven seasons with Real Madrid, Ronaldo has won two UEFA Champions League trophies, both against their city rivals Atlético de Madrid, and one La Liga title. He has also won two , one , , and .
This year, Ronaldo won the UEFA Champions League in Milan, scoring the winning penalty, and in July he won the UEFA Euro 2016 with Portugal. Almost a year ago, last season, Ronaldo became Real Madrid's top scorer breaking the previous record of 's 323 goals.
In the press conference, Ronaldo expressed his desire to play till the age of 41 saying, "I'm going to be here for another five years, but let it be known this will not be my last contract". When asked about his retirement, he said, "No-one knows what the future holds."
- "Bale signs contract extension with Real Madrid to 2022" — Wikinews, November 1, 2016
- "Ronaldo-less Portugal beats France 1-0; wins Euro '16" — Wikinews, July 12, 2016
- "¡La Undécima!: Real Madrid wins 2015-16 UEFA Champions League 5-3 on penalties" — Wikinews, May 30, 2016
- "Ronaldo surpasses Raúl's record, becomes Real Madrids' top scorer" — Wikinews, October 19, 2015
- "Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid forward 'has 10 years' left" — , November 7, 2016
- Pete Jenson. "Cristiano Ronaldo agrees new five-year deal at Real Madrid worth £365,000-a-week to keep him at Spanish giants until he's 36" — , November 7, 2016
- "Official Statement" — , November 7, 2016