Suspended letterbox for sale on New Zealand auction site
Monday, January 29, 2007
Earlier last week New Zealand Post announced that it would temporarily stop delivering mail to three streets in Hamilton due to gang violence. The three streets includes 120 houses on Tennyson Road, Dryden Road, and Emerson Place, all the streets are located in Fairfield. Fiona Mayo, spokeswoman for New Zealand Post, said that if they had allowed posties to continue with services then they wouldn't be acting responsibly as an employer.
Ms Mayo said that most residents living within the banned streets have understood why the ban was put in place. She adds that Kerry "has a good sense of humour."
New Zealand Post have said that they will review the ban tomorrow.
Kerry said: "This letterbox is still in good condition, has survived a couple of tags, ash from Ruapehu volcanic eruption and more recently the well publicised 'GUN BATTLE' of Hamilton."
As of writing the current bid is at NZ$25.00, made by Kelley "superwiner".
- Belinda Feek. "Letterbox from suspended street on Trade Me" — , January 29, 2007
- maxduck. "NZ POST WON'T DELIVER HERE" — ,
- Kerry. "Maxduck profile" — ,
- "NZ Post suspends mail delivery to Hamilton gang area" — , January 29, 2007
- Kelley. "Superwiner profile" — ,