Talk:A timeline: Novak, Rove, Cooper
- Here is the Novak story that started it all:
- Mission to Niger. "Mission to Niger" — , July 14, 2003
- Wilson’s Op-Ed piece in a New York Times ran July 6, 2003. That came from WN:
- This link to Wikipedia's Perpetual Calendar for all years makes the whole excercise a snap!
Added "Perpetual Calendar" -Edbrown05 04:02, 17 July 2005 (UTC)
Hmm... I got three days between novak and cooper here:
- John Solomon. "Rove Learned CIA Agent's Name From Novak" — , July 15, 2005
- "Rove testified that Novak originally called him the Tuesday before Plame's identity was revealed in July 2003 to discuss another story.
- The conversation eventually turned to Plame's husband, Joseph Wilson, a former ambassador who was strongly criticizing the Bush administration's use of faulty intelligence to justify the war in Iraq, the person said.
- Rove testified that Novak told him he planned to report in a weekend column that Plame had worked for the CIA, and the circumstances on how her husband traveled to Africa to check bogus claims that Iraq was trying to buy nuclear materials in Niger, according to the source.
- Novak's column, citing two Bush administration officials, appeared six days later, touching off a political firestorm and leading to a federal criminal investigation into who leaked Plame's undercover identity. That probe has ensnared presidential aides and reporters in a two-year legal battle.
- Rove told the grand jury that by the time Novak had called him, he believes he had similar information about Wilson's wife from another member of the news media but he could not recall which reporter had told him about it first, the person said.
- When Novak inquired about Wilson's wife working for the CIA, Rove indicated he had heard something like that, according to the source's recounting of the grand jury testimony.
- Rove told the grand jury that three days later, he(Rove) had a phone conversation with Time magazine reporter Matt Cooper and - in an effort to discredit some of Wilson's allegations - informally told Cooper that he believed Wilson's wife worked for the CIA, though he never used her name, the source said."
Rove talks to novak...[3days]...rove talks to cooper...[3days]...novak publishes story.
- Kevin, I noticed your source is a differnet source than the one I used :|
- Mine was
- "Source: Rove says reporters told him of Plame" — , July 15, 2005
- -Edbrown05 07:12, 16 July 2005 (UTC)
Oh my :) Something is certainly a little.. off. The Novak story is now posted up top, and dated July 14. The story page has it July 13. So the "leaked" grand jury testimony is wrong, or the press is wrong, or the recollections given are wrong, or all of the above. It hardly matters! I was trying get at something. A tidbit storage story. -Edbrown05 08:05, 16 July 2005 (UTC)
- Therefore, Rove did speak to both Novak and Cooper before the Plame "leak" story broke.
Anyone else think this sounds like the author(s) have an agenda? --RossKoepke 22:44, 15 July 2005 (UTC)
thinkers as stylists
- "Thinkers as stylists: Thinkers often write not only their thoughts, but also the thinking of them, and are therefore bad writters." -Fredrich Nietzsche
- never read any of Nietzsche cuz every reference i've seen to him, i didn't like. this is just one more.-Edbrown05 17:56, 17 July 2005 (UTC)