|This is an English Wikinews user talk page, where you can leave messages for Green Giant.
|This is not an article or an article talk page. If you find this page on any site other than English Wikinews, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware the page may be outdated and the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikinews. The original page is located at https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/User_talk:Green_Giant.
- Please sign and date your entries by clicking on the appropriate button or by typing four tildes (~~~~) at the end.
- Put new text under old text.
- Click here to start a new topic.
- Be polite and friendly.
- Assume good faith.
- No personal attacks.
(CC @-revi:) This IP (Special:contributions/220.127.116.11) had added gibberish on a talk page (link). I had rollbacked it yesterday. But this morning, I received an email from someone called Michael Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) (yeah, I really do not mind sharing emails on spammers), which read "YO, U BETTER RV YOUR VANDALISM OR WE LL PUT U ON WIKIPEDOIDIOTS LIST" with a link to the difference which I had rollbacked. The creepiest part is: the email which they sent me that bullshit was the email which I had never used on-wiki. Is this not against CoC? (Using the alternate account, for who knows, just in case if they were monitoring other account.)
Agastya Chandrakant ⚽️ 🏆 🎾 🎬 🎤 📰 03:05, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Agastya,
- What a shame. I guess they received a notification about reverting of their edit and responded to that, in a dishonourable and unprofessional manner.
- Unless they continue harassment on-wiki, I doubt blocking them on-wiki would change anything.
- In my personal opinion, you may wish to report it to Gmail and/or their ISP.
- --Gryllida (chat) 11:32, 10 September 2018 (UTC)
- Not that it concerns a local admin, (and is meant for stewards), the email was sent to the address I do not use for on-wiki purpose. There must be something in CoC against such incidents which also involves stalking.
•–• 21:34, 11 September 2018 (UTC)
- Thought that the wiki CoC only pertains the on-wiki conduct? --Gryllida (chat) 00:19, 12 September 2018 (UTC)
- @Acagastya: I've sent you an email about this to your alternate account. Green Giant (talk) 11:31, 12 September 2018 (UTC)
If by any chance you were able to review this in the time it has remaining, that surely would be appreciated. I really wanted to get this written and on the queue on Monday, when it was fresh-as-can-be. --Pi zero (talk) 20:50, 3 October 2018 (UTC)
You are an OTRS member, right? \EOM
•–• 03:12, 4 October 2018 (UTC)
Hi Green Giant,
Congratulations on joining the spam fighting and gadget writing squad. It is a really onerous process in some ways, and any help is appreciated. If you find ways to improve things, I am sure everyone would be willing to consider.
Seeing that you have not been editing last few weeks... I am not sure why (when leaving people rarely say why) but I really miss you. I hope to see you around whenever it is comfortable for you in your current environment.
Please add WN:AAA to your watch list.
If you have an account on the chat, you may wish to show up if you wish to get access to the IRC channel for Wikinews administrators (this needs a NickServ account).
(Thanks to User:Gray62 and Microchip08 and Bawolff for their effort towards closing the request.)
--Gryllida (chat) 03:51, 10 October 2018 (UTC)