|This is an English Wikinews user talk page, where you can leave messages for Green Giant.
|This is not an article or an article talk page. If you find this page on any site other than English Wikinews, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware the page may be outdated and the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikinews. The original page is located at https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/User_talk:Green_Giant.
- Please sign and date your entries by clicking on the appropriate button or by typing four tildes (~~~~) at the end.
- Put new text under old text.
- Click here to start a new topic.
- Be polite and friendly.
- Assume good faith.
- No personal attacks.
I had to discuss...
Hi, Green Giant. I had to discuss something about few of my articles. It would be better if we had a real-time discussion on IRC. But if not, email-based is also fine. So could you please come by on IRC? Or should I send an email instead? (It is time sensitive.)
•–• 07:14, 14 April 2021 (UTC)
- @Acagastya: It depends on when you want to discuss it. If right now, I’m on a coffee break at work and can’t chat. I’ll probably finish at 17:30 UTC. What time would suit you? -Green Giant (talk) 07:30, 14 April 2021 (UTC)
- 1730 UTC seems all right, Green Giant. That is 11 PM my time, and I should be available on IRC on the usual wikinews and commons' channel. Please ping me once you are online.
•–• 07:32, 14 April 2021 (UTC)
- Sorry but I have been delayed in the office. I’ve just got home and need to sleep. I have a late shift tomorrow so I’ll be on IRC tomorrow evening about 20:00 UTC. -Green Giant (talk) 21:26, 14 April 2021 (UTC)
- I had figured you might have gotten preoccupied with something else. I can't assure about 2000 UTC. I may or may not be sleeping that time, it is 1:30 for me. But guess we will have to try. If I am going to sleep, I would most likely inform ImprWikiImpr, so you don't end up losing time.
•–• 03:20, 15 April 2021 (UTC)
how about now, Green Giant? If it is not too late?
126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:54, 16 April 2021 (UTC)
- It’s 4am here and I should sleep because work starts at 9am. Will you be online at 14:00 UTC? I’m going to be working from home and my last meeting finishes at 13:30 UTC. --Green Giant (talk) 02:57, 16 April 2021 (UTC)
- sure, 1400 is all right for me. Also, thanks for cleaning up the mess while I was afk.
188.8.131.52 (talk) 03:02, 16 April 2021 (UTC)
- Today, perhaps?
•–• 07:22, 17 April 2021 (UTC)
- Yes, definitely today. In about four hours, I’ll be free. -Green Giant (talk) 07:25, 17 April 2021 (UTC)
Wikinews interviews Democratic candidate for the Texas 6th congressional district special election Daryl Eddings, Sr's campaign manager
Could you please sight User:Acagastya and my edits? Thanks --JJLiu112 (talk) 17:34, 20 April 2021 (UTC)
- That would not be needed -- since I can sight these non-substantial changes I have made. But I cannot sight if I were to add an image.
•–• 17:41, 20 April 2021 (UTC)
Hi, Green Giant. It is highly unlikely I can review this on time. Any chance you could review it? It was my fault not getting to it sooner, but if you can have a shot at it, that would be great!
•–• 18:05, 23 April 2021 (UTC)
Hi, Green Giant. This article which I am reviewing uses this image. It is extremely small in resolution and lacks EXIF. I am agnostic to whether it is actually an own work or not -- it is the only upload of the person. What do you suggest we do? Right now I think I will publish it without it -- but better to get a second opinion.
•–• 17:11, 10 May 2021 (UTC)
- Also thanks for commons=no. Somehow I just could not recall. Thanks for that, Green Giant.
184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:48, 10 May 2021 (UTC)
- @Acagastya: I think the photo should be removed from the article. I’ve looked at the uploader’s other files on English Wikipedia and I’m not convinced they understand copyright or licensing. I have nominated this particular file for deletion on Commons. --Green Giant (talk) 20:25, 10 May 2021 (UTC)