US drone strike kills at least fifteen in Pakistan
Monday, January 18, 2010
According to local officials, a United States drone attack in Pakistan's South Waziristan province has killed at least fifteen people, although some reports put the death toll as high as twenty. The incident occurred in the Shaktoi region of the province.
"Now the death toll is 15. It could rise further. People are still busy removing rubble," said a senior security official to the Reuters news agency. He commented that most of the dead were foreign fighters.
The United States has increased attacks using drones since a suicide bomber killed seven US intelligence agents in eastern Afghanistan in late December of last year.
- "Suspected US drone attack kills at least fourteen in Pakistan" — Wikinews, January 14, 2010
- "Four killed in suspected US drone strike in Pakistan" — Wikinews, January 9, 2010
- "Suspected US drone strikes kill twelve in western Pakistan" — Wikinews, December 17, 2009
- "US drone attack in Pakistan 'kills 15'" — , January 17, 2010
- "Suspected US Drone Strike Kills at Least 20 in Pakistan's South Waziristan" — , January 17, 2010
- "US drone kills dozen in Pakistan" — , January 17, 2010