User talk:David Vasquez
I am no longer a regular contributor on Wikinews. Please read my user page for details.
If you want to contact me, please feel free to click the "E-mail this user" link in the "toolbox" menu to send me a note. — DV 03:52, 8 May 2005 (UTC)
- 1 Serbian Wikinews
- 2 Have a great summer...
- 3 Nice to see you around
- 4 WeatherBot
- 5 Japanese wikinews
- 6 Wikinews Logo
- 7 Contributing Reporter Award
- 8 Script grur asking script gurus help
- 9 WeatherBot for Serbian
- 10 Hiya DV!
- 11 Weather Maps also in Wikipedia
- 12 Hey Buddy; get your ass back here
- 13 video
- 14 Weather weather, all together, what's it going to be
- 15 the greenscreen
- 16 Logo for Czech Wikinews
- 17 Copyright Assignment for Wikinews Logo
Can you add serbian wikinews to your Weatherbot, template is sr:Template:CurWeatherMapImage. Thank you.
Have a great summer...
I hope you find another community journalism site that suits your tastes, and that you come back and visit Wikinews again once many of your objections have been addressed. It was great having you around. Sj 07:40, 19 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Nice to see you around
I never had a chance to talk to you, but I heard a lot of nice things about you. Please note the changes that have taken place since you left. Today I even proposed Wikinews Editorials. Hopefully I'll be able to chat with you, as you seem like a very interesting person. Oh, and I live in California too. NGerda July 8, 2005 07:34 (UTC)
Hi David. Are you still running Commons:User:WeatherBot? It is in danger of being blocked. See Commons:Village pump#WeatherBot : NOT the right way. Dbenbenn 14:32, 12 July 2005 (UTC)
- I commented on the "vote" page with more details, but the most practical idea I could come up with on short notice is to start uploading the weather map images to the Wikinews wikis. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, each wiki has its own image repository, so each wiki would need to have its own redundant copies of the weather map image. (Someone please jump in and correct me if I am wrong on that count.)
- If the Commons folks are so annoyed by the weather map images that they must be stopped at all costs, then perhaps the Wikinews community needs to decide if it wants to have the weather map images redundantly uploaded to each language version of Wikinews (that is, the ones that use the weather maps), or if the preference would be to shut down WeatherChecker for now, until such time that a more permanent, server-side implementation can be developed. (A project that I am presently ill-equipped to undertake, due to a lack of knowledge about how to implement server-side wiki extensions.)
- If each Wikinews wiki really does have its own image repository, perhaps another Wikinews image wiki could be set up that is shared between the various language versions? (Ideally, the map would be localized for each language, but that isn't practical until it is generated on-the-fly instead of uploaded as a static image.)
- Perhaps Ilya will have more to say on this subject. — DV 07:56, 13 July 2005 (UTC)
Thank you for adding Weatherbot on Japanese Wikinews. Could you add a region around Japan such as East Asia?--っ 00:05, 17 July 2005 (UTC)
Hey David Vasquez ... I was looking at the Wikinews logo and once again thinking about it, "That is a really slick logo." So, I decided to find out who made it and thank them for it --- so, thank you! It is very well designed, simple enough, and very professional looking. Good work! --Fotinakis 21:50, 4 August 2005 (UTC)
Contributing Reporter Award
Script grur asking script gurus help
Hi! I am a contributer in wikipedia:en I have a working mIRC script detecting vandalism. I am trying to code something that will adjust the defcon meter depending on the level of vandalism. The "minor" problem is that I know knothing in coding wikibots. I need a way to adjust template:wdefcon --Cool Cat 01:25, 25 August 2005 (UTC)
I am not sure what is the best way to approach the issue so I am open to all sorths of ideas. --Cool Cat 01:25, 25 August 2005 (UTC)
WeatherBot for Serbian
I see that WetherBot on sr: doesn't upload images with temperature even in Belgrade. It would be useful to have ;) Is it possible to make so? A lot of cities from Serbia can be found using network services. (I.e., I can choose a lot of cities and locations from Evolution mail client.) Do you need some help from my side to implement that (I can program in Perl or Python if you need such kind of help)? --millosh (talk (sr:)) 14:45, 1 September 2005 (UTC)
- I sent a reply to Millosh by e-mail, asking for the name or code of a nearby airport. — DV 01:56, 3 September 2005 (UTC)
(as one self-exile to another, of course) - 188.8.131.52 01:57, 3 September 2005 (UTC)
(oops - Amgine, not logged in, of course.)
Weather Maps also in Wikipedia
Hi David. Cool service - i was first wondering about all these thousands of images on wikicommons, but it's a cool thing you've created. Do you know if there's a way in linking these temples into the wikipedia? As i've figured out you've created templates like these here:
I've created a template on the German Wikipedia
But you need a bot to update them. And i've not really a clue how that works :). Can you add the different template-locations to your bot somehow and tell him where to update, or do you need to create a bot on every single langauge or project-site?
Hey Buddy; get your ass back here
You are needed and you can't say no; even if the Pope is anti-Mason :) Neutralizer 01:28, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
I would be happy to try and get the wnn project up and going again - I am good with graphics and can work with green screen - we should try to get the project going with a daily update - not a constant or regular (hourly) feed
--Symode09 03:41, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
- I don't know if he still checks this page [see his userpage]. I do have his email if you want me to forward something to him. Bawolff ☺☻ 06:07, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
Weather weather, all together, what's it going to be
David, in the hope that you still periodically check this page (you've disabled email) I'll ask about how you were running WeatherChecker. I have it up and running for the European region but lack a tool to auto-upload the images. --Brian McNeil / talk 11:13, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
hey, could you possibly pop me a copy of the image for the newsroom you useD? 184.108.40.206 00:48, 28 October 2007 (UTC)
Logo for Czech Wikinews
Copyright Assignment for Wikinews Logo
Hi David Vasquez,
As you may have seen, we have started a process to change the copyright status of the Wikimedia logos to CC BY-SA 3.0 on Commons: http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2014-March/070632.html
In my review of the history of the Wikimedia logos, I found that you helped design the Wikinews logo. Thank you so much for your work on the logo!
I was hoping that you would be willing to grant the Wikimedia Foundation an exclusive license for the Wikinews logo (using the attached copyright assignment agreement) so that I can change their copyright status on Commons to CC BY-SA 3.0. While it would be great if you could fill in your real name and address in the agreement for our records, we will edit out all that information if we ever post the agreement on wiki to preserve your pseudonymity.
Please send me an email through my User Page or to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can get started, and please let me know if you have any questions about this.
Joseph Jung | Wikimedia Foundation | 149 New Montgomery Street, 3rd Floor | San Francisco, CA 94105 | email@example.com