Remi, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!
Quantum Ring Conspiracy
I've moved your comment from the Comment: to the Talk: page and responded.
I'd prefer to see that article die off, we do not want to encourage every wing-nut conspiracy theorist to bring their gripes with Wikipedia here. And yes, it is just a rant. --Brian McNeil / talk 09:33, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
Can I ask what you are doing on your page: Remi...? Just curious. Also we normally do not welcome users unless they have made contributions. DragonFire1024 (Talk to the Dragon) 23:54, 17 May 2008 (UTC)
- Nope. There is no policy against it. I have just always been told that we don't usually do that. Me personally, I don't see the big deal about it so long as its not done in masses. If you do welcome users, just make sure you are not welcoming a vandal. DragonFire1024 (Talk to the Dragon) 00:46, 19 May 2008 (UTC)