Sduffy, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome! → CGorman (Talk) 11:50, 14 May 2005 (UTC)
Title change on the RAF article
Could you please adress the title change on the talk page of the article before moving it again? The title you are moving to does not seem to reflect the content of the article. - Amgine/talk 20:35, 30 May 2005 (UTC)
- I'm not avoiding discussing things; I'm involved in several discussions at the moment. If you would care to join the Wikinews IRC channel we could possibly get through this quickly, especially with the database issues at the moment. - Amgine/talk 05:18, 31 May 2005 (UTC)
Proposed new workspace
What do you think?