|This is an archive of past discussions from Wikinews:Water cooler/policy/archives/2013. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the|
'Ruthless' email cleanup
- If I've missed any scoop "bounce accounts" (will take up to 24 hrs for all to clear), then let me know.
- If you have issues accessing your wikinewsie.org email, let me know.
I have, ruthlessly, culled the scoop dist list, zapped numerous 100% full user mailboxes, cautioned those who I can see have set up forwarding to untrusted 3rd parties that those rules will be deleted, and reset (to random values) a huge swathe of - apparently abandoned email accounts.
It is going to be easier to to rebuild a list of "active" accredited reporters - and assume everyone else is 'lapsed', than anything else. Not bad for cooped up on a Virgin train with the most-shitty WiFi I've dealt with in an age.
- No complains (that I am aware of) regarding the resetting of email account passwords for apparently abandoned accounts. Time now, after a week-and-a-half, to start listing those who should be moved to the inactive accredited list, or off the list altogether. So, here they are (as the Firstname dot Lastname component of over-quota accounts):
- Bjorn Engelhardt
- Brian Anderton
- Caleb Williams
- Cary Bass
- Craig Spurrier
- David Miller
- Ivan Martinez
- Joseph Anderson
- Patrick Flaherty
- Peter Coombe
- Peter Coti
- Rodney Varney
- Sam Thomas
- Sean Heron
- Svetlana Tkachenko
- Tristan Thomas
- Zachary Hauri
- This list of accounts will be deleted by month-end, contents and all.
- For those who've suddenly stopped getting email? I have deleted all forwarders to untrusted agents (i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, ...) --Brian McNeil / talk 00:24, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
- The following email accounts @wikinewsie.org, contents and all, have now been deleted
- These people should be moved to inactive under accredited reporters, or removed altogether from any lists thereof. --Brian McNeil / talk 16:26, 4 October 2013 (UTC)
- Add the following to the above list
That takes us down to only twenty or-so email accounts on wikinewsie.org; I'd welcome input on how people think providing email addresses should be handled beyond the basic "accredited reporter: given firstname.lastnamewikinewsie.org". --Brian McNeil / talk 16:43, 4 October 2013 (UTC)