Policies and guidelines and the Style guide contain or link to most of the current en.Wikinews policies and guidelines, however policy is based on the accepted practices of the day on Wikinews, often these might not be written down. This section of the Water cooler focuses on discussions regarding policy issues.
You may wish to check the archives to see if a subject has been raised previously.
The following bureaucrats have not edited in 9 months:
- Brian - 2017-07-08 23:53
- Cspurrier - 2016-05-31 23:42
- TUFKAAP - 2014-08-09 13:57
- Skenmy - 2014-01-15 11:29
And the following administrator has not edited in 9 months:
- DragonFire1024 - 2015-08-21 16:50
- The policy allows action, rather than requiring action. --Pi zero (talk) 22:18, 13 April 2019 (UTC)
Usernames that invoke the name of a religious figure or religion in a distasteful, disrespectful, or provocative way,
- Hi, Taribos. The determining factor isn't whether the username is related to religion, but whether it's offensive. Our local policy here, Wikinews:Username, says to avoid offensive usernames, and the recommendations you link to, at our sister Wikibooks, look pretty reasonable. It's probably best to avoid religion-related usernames, but whether a particular username is a problem must be decided on a case-by-case basis. --Pi zero (talk) 16:58, 30 April 2019 (UTC)