AutisticPsycho, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!
Additionally, thank you for contributing to the House of Representatives article! --NGerda 02:55, Jun 18, 2005 (UTC)
No problem at all. That's what I'm here for. :) I'm looking forward to reading the article, and once again welcome to Wikinews! NGerda 02:57, Jun 20, 2005 (UTC)
- Dan, please stop doing this. Aspies for Freedom says it isn't offensive, so it isn't offensive.
I have unblocked you AutisticPsycho. Feel free to roam around, make edits, do whatever, and if you get into any more trouble, don't hesitate to leave me a message on my talk page or, if you are blocked, you can chat with me here. Enjoy! --NGerda 22:42, Jun 21, 2005 (UTC)
Hi. NGerda 22:36, Jun 22, 2005 (UTC)
I'm sure your username has special and valuable meanings for you; I know that mine does for me. However, Wikinews inherits the community guidelines from Wikipedia, including Wikipedia:No_offensive_usernames. The important line in this policy, I think, is: Fairly or unfairly, the line between acceptable and unacceptable user names is drawn by those who find the username inappropriate, not by the creator of the name. What this means in this case is that although the username may not be offensive to people who are Autistic or Psychotic, it is perceived as offensive by some members of the Wikinews community.
Because of this, I am asking you as a member of this community to choose another username. I hope you'll understand that we value your contributions and you as a person, it's just your username which is causing us some issues. Thanks! - Amgine/talk 00:40, 23 Jun 2005 (UTC)