User talk:Brian/Archive 5
|I’m away for awhile, school.|
|This is the talk page for talking to, with or about me, Brian (NZ)
Please sign your comments using four tildes (~~~~). Place comments that start a new topic at the bottom of the page and give them ==A Descriptive Header==. The easiest way to do this is by clicking the [add comment] on the navigation bar above. Remember, this is my talk page and as such I reserve the right to archive, edit and remove posts as I see fit. I will reply on your talk page unless you ask me to reply here.
NOTE: It is my policy not to delete or remove dialog from this page. Everything will be saved and archived. However, if you are anonymous and post on this page anything I consider vandalism or foolishness it may be deleted.
I see your WN:POINT and raise you a WP:POINT ! :) 
I've created a CfD on wikipedia to poll their opinions on Category:Terrorism. IMHO, we should undelete if they have convincing arguments for keeping. I'm not currently convinced by your particular arguments, but we shall see what happens on WP. Nyarlathotep 18:16, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
It seems my CfD has generated remarkably little interest, and it may not be the useful sort of interest anywho. Anyway, I apologize for arguing in favor of the deletion of this category without first further consulting wikipedia's history. I might still have supported it, but I'd have thought about it a lot more Some editors may feel that we need to demonstrate our independance from wikipedia, but I do not. I feel we should exploit the debate they put into a topic whenever possible (see userbox issue). Nyarlathotep 23:45, 6 March 2006 (UTC)
Regarding Wikinews:Requests for arbitration 
Edbrown05 asked that you provide an example of the user boxes which had caused the dispute.
Here is the babel template that Amgine requested I remove from my userpage.
RfAr accepted 
- Please do not use your userpage as a personal website. - Amgine | talk en.WN 20:52, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
- Your question is circular. I can ask exactly the same question of you: "We are here to write news stories, that is our primary goal, why should what one user may have on his userpage, be the end of the world?"
- A more appropriate question is: "Does what a user places on his/her userpage have specific benefit to the project?" Another is: "Are there costs associated with what a user places on his/her userpage?" And: "In what way do userboxes work toward the goals and missions of the project?" - Amgine | talk en.WN 21:21, 5 March 2006 (UTC)
fixing deletion requests 
hi, i see u readded some comments removed by neutraliser on deletion requests. just wanted to point out that some of the newlines/indent have got mangled in the Category: Nuclear Proliferation discussion. (not sure what is going on with these edits, so didn't fix it myself). cheers, Doldrums 05:46, 7 March 2006 (UTC)
Thank you so much for correcting it. That was an extreme unintentional screwup.. I don't even know how it was possible? Could it have been an edit conflict? Neutralizer 13:42, 7 March 2006 (UTC)
- Could I have edited an out of date revision? Neutralizer 14:11, 7 March 2006 (UTC)
Why are you supporting a temporary injunction on userboxes? 
This does not seem reasonable, please explain it to me. StrangerInParadise 08:19, 14 March 2006 (UTC)
- I'm only supporting it (weakly) beacue it pains me to see, the deletion/undeletion/deletion that has gone on. This SHOULD ONLY last untill the arbcom reaches in decision. And I hope that their decision will be that; in current policy userboxes should be keeped. Brian | (Talk) | New Zealand Portal 08:48, 14 March 2006 (UTC)
Why not do as I have done, and call for a moritorium on deletions, not on creations? StrangerInParadise 09:49, 14 March 2006 (UTC)
- yes, your right, it should only be on deletions, it was midnight when I supported it- i was half asleep :) Brian | (Talk) | New Zealand Portal 18:14, 14 March 2006 (UTC)
Delighted to see a welcome message(some one month back) before I contributed anything at all. Good luck on your endeavours.-Pournami 05:58, 17 March 2006 (UTC)
wiping admin alerts 
that's cool...I like it; good for you.:) Neutralizer 00:24, 20 March 2006 (UTC)
RE: design 
and it was a pain to get back...