User talk:Bugliosi Fan
Bugliosi Fan, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Style guide - how articles should look before publishing
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- Audio Wikinews could always use more contributors
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!
Please note that wikinews articles need to be longer than String theory proven wrong?. At the very least they should address who, what, when, where,why, and how. When did string theory get proven wrong, who proved it wrong, where was this theory that it is false proposed, what is wrong with the theory (as well what is string theory), etc. Thanks. Bawolff ☺☻ 16:19, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- The more sources I give the more Brian begins bitching and moaning. He must be the worst contributor I have ever seen in my :life. Such a deletionist! He should be banned from having any priviliges for any gate-keeping.
- He is even too dumb-witted to understand the news that is passing before his own eyes.
- I will not be trying any more. If Wikinews does not want to break any stories, I do not want to break them with Wikinews.
- Moreover, I will not let this guy critise work he has no business with criticizing. If you're all kept in the dark, you know who :to blame- the deletionists...--Bugliosi Fan (talk) 17:08, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- Why is this obvious? . —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Bugliosi Fan (talk • contribs)
Signing comments 
Hi there. In case you didn't know, when you add content to talk pages and Wikinews pages that have open discussion, you should sign your posts by typing four w:tildes ( ~~~~ ) at the end of your comment. On many keyboards, the tilde is entered by holding the w:Shift key, and pressing the key with the tilde pictured. You may also click on the signature button located above the edit window. This will automatically insert a signature with your name and the time you posted the comment. This information is useful because other editors will be able to tell who said what, and when. Thank you! Anonymous101 (talk) 17:22, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
Sense of actuality 
This kind of science does not have daily reports This string theory has been around since the nineteen seventies. And now you say I can't use something from May this year as a news source
- Something does not qualify as news unless it is from the last few days Anonymous101 (talk) 17:25, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- OK I can follow you on that. I propose to link this directory as a recent and substantial directory containing all of the above and more;--Bugliosi Fan (talk) 17:29, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
Yes, but this is besides the question. The question is: Is string theory proven wrong?
When this philosopher and software engineer will finally publish his final theory; the news headline shall read:
String theory proven wrong!
Until then this is introductory.--Bugliosi Fan (talk) 17:36, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- But what a hobbyist says is not news. I could say that the sun is made of cauliflower but it wouldn't be notable as I am not known in that field. Anonymous101 (talk) 17:43, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- But he is in fact notable in the theorethical field per inclusion in the Imagineers Chronicles July 1st 2008 --Bugliosi Fan (talk) 17:56, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- Two completely unrelated blogs, yes. This is a first sign.
- Moreover, the specific 'mission statement' of the 'blogs' is certainly not be be overlooked --Bugliosi Fan (talk) 18:23, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
The blog doesn' seem to care if something is notable
Notability is implied, ofcourse, by the action of actually mentioning the thing in question...
I think it could have been Fiorentino