Body of child killed in tsunami identified by Chilean police
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Chilean police confirmed via a DNA test last Sunday that the body found in Chorrillos, Pichilemu was Juanita Carey Moring, daughter of lawyer Guillermo Carey. Mr. Carey along with his wife and four children was caught by the tsunami.
After the DNA test was completed, it was also discovered that Juanita's name was written on her undergarments. Her one-year-old brother, León Carey Moring, is still missing, after being taken by the February 27 tsunami while both children were with their mother.
Police did various tests on the body last Monday to try to determine the body's identity and sex. That evening, DNA was taken also from the relatives of other minors who are missing.
- "Fishermen find body of child killed by Chile tsunami in Pichilemu" — Wikinews, March 21, 2010
- José Pinto. "Identifican restos de menor encontrada en Pichilemu" — , March 22, 2010 ()
- "Hallan en Pichilemu osamentas que corresponderían a un infante" — , March 22, 2010 ()
- Erika Leiva Calderón. "Toman muestras de ADN a padres de niños desaparecidos en Pichilemu" — , March 22, 2010 ()
- "Hoy realizarán pruebas de ADN para saber si huesos hallados corresponden a niños perdidos" — , March 22, 2010 ()