Multiple explosions hit Boston Marathon
Monday, April 15, 2013
Earlier today, multiple explosions have occurred in Boston resulting in two confirmed deaths and hundreds injured at . Two explosions within seconds of each other tore through the finish line at the Boston Marathon, approximately four hours after the start of the men's race. reporter and eyewitness Chris Cassidy said it appeared that the first of the two blasts originated from trash cans along the sidewalk which was heavily populated with marathon spectators.
A third explosion also occurred at the, however the are not reporting any casualties at that scene. Area police do not believe the two events are related.
President Obama commented on the events saying federal resources were being made available to the Boston local authorities to hold whomever was responsible accountable.
"I kept running and I heard behind me a loud bang. It looked like it was in a trash can or something. That one was in front of Abe and Louie’s," said the Herald's Cassidy who was participating in the event at the time.
Ed Davis from the Boston police informed the media that persons wishing to contact persons at the scene should phone 617-635-4500. Anyone at the scene who may have information for the authorities should contact the incident line on 1-800-494-TIPS.
- "Two people confirmed dead in Boston Marathon bombing" — Wikinews, April 15, 2013
- "Boston Marathon hit by explosions" — , April 15, 2013
- "2 explosions at Boston Marathon finish line" — , April 15, 2013
- John Eligon and Ken Belson. "Boston Marathon Blasts Kill 2, Police Say" — , April 15, 2013
- "Boston Marathon Explosions: Third Blast" — , April 15, 2013