PCC promotes new wave of attacks in Brazil
Monday, July 24, 2006
The criminal organization known as the PCC (Primeiro Comando da Capital, Portuguese for First Command of the Capital City) is promoting a new wave of attacks against civil and authority targets in Brazil beginning early July. The main attacks are occurring in São Paulo state.
According to the Secretary of Public Security of São Paulo, from 22:00 of Tuesday (11, 01:00 Wednesdays UTC) until the beginning of the evening of Thursday(13), 102 criminal actions against a whole of 118 different targets have been carried out: 65 buses were put on fire, 16 banks, 2 supermarkets and several other buildings were shot or attacked with bombs. The attacks are occurring in the state's capital São Paulo and at least 18 cities of the interior.
The Secretary of Public Security of São Paulo reports 6 deaths among civilian and police officers.
- "SSP divulga balanço atualizado sobre ataques nesta quinta-feira" — , July 13, 2006
- Aleksander Boyd. "PCC shuts Brazil's industrial centre" — , July 16 2006
- "Another night of terror wreaks havoc in Sao Paulo" — , July 13, 2006
- "Crime wave in Brazil city enters 3rd day" — , July 14, 2006
- "Brazil gangs rage as Lula stumps for re-election" — , July 14, 2006
- Seis muertos en 71 ataques de la mafia de presos en Sao PauloE" — , July 13, 2006. "
- "SSP apresenta balanço dos ataques da última noite" — , July 12, 2006
|This page has been automatically archived by a robot, and is no longer publicly editable.|