Second data recorder is found for China Eastern flight 5735
Tuesday, March 29, 2022
The flight data recorder, one of two so-called 'black boxes', was found 1.5 meters (4.9 ft) under the surface of the mountainous region at 9:20 Beijing.(1:20 ). The other, the , was recovered earlier on Wednesday. Both are subject to analysis by the (CAAC) in
MU5735 crashed last Monday approximately one hour into a domestic route from Guangzhou with 132 people on board: 123 passengers and nine crew. For unknown reasons, the Boeing went into a nosedive, losing over 29,000 feet (8,839 m) in altitude in a very short time. The pilots were unresponsive to air traffic control. The high-speed impact created a 20 meter (65.6 ft) crater and widespread debris.to
Late Saturday evening, aviation officials confirmed the crash had no survivors. So far, 120 victims have been identified throughanalysis. Identification and bank cards were also being recovered by crews sifting through the wreckage. CAAC deputy director-general Hu Zhenjiang said the search for remains would continue.
On Sunday afternoon, all rescue workers and attending police and soldiers observed three minutes of silence, removing their hats and helmets and bowing their heads.
China Eastern and its subsidiary airlines have grounded all their 737-800 aircraft out of precaution, though not suspecting a fault with the aircraft.
- "Flight recorder for fatal China Eastern flight 5735 crash found" — Wikinews, March 23, 2022
- "China Eastern jet with 132 onboard crashes in Guangxi" — Wikinews, March 21, 2022
- AP. "Rescue workers have found the second black box from the China Eastern crash" — , March 27, 2022
- Reuters. "China finds second black box of crashed China Eastern Airlines Boeing plane, state media says" — , March 27, 2022
- "China plane crash: All 132 passengers and crew dead, officials confirm" — , March 27, 2022