User talk:GW Simulations
Please note, you are more likely to get a response sooner if you post your comments on my talk page at Wikipedia.
GW Simulations, welcome to Wikinews! Thank you for your contributions; I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!
Doldrums 18:55, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
Date on Wikinews are Date of Publication NOT date of the event
If you had read my explanation on the Talk Page of the article, you'll read that date on Wikinews ARE date of the PUBLICATION of the article NOT the date of the event as stated into Style Guide you'ld read before revert anyone
Jacques Divol 17:39, 18 July 2006 (UTC)
By some sheer coincidence, we both wrote an article on the same story at the same time. I beleived that your article was a bit too technical for those who may not understand some of the finer points of space travel, and did not cover the anticipated use of the satellite, so I "merged" your article with mine at Israeli spy satellite launched by Indian rocket. Feel free to continue to develop it - but just be careful with the technical details - what is appropriate at Wikipedia might not be appropriate here. All the best! --Skenmy(t•c•w) 18:36, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks. I've redirected the article that I created to the one which you created. --GW Simulations 22:09, 23 January 2008 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for reviewing my contribution. To answer your first question: yes, it is real. For the rest: what can I do to improve the article? Note that English is not my primary language, I hope to improve my English by using this site. Thanks Theo Assen - (talk) 22:10, 15 February 2008 (UTC)
I reverted your change because I believe the stretch across the screen was what was intended. There was originally (and in the version you changed to) a big gap of white space in the left column, which the revision I changed back to remedied. TheCustomOfLife - (talk) 11:53, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
- Copyedit. A minor cleanup to fix grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. GW_SimulationsUser Page | Talk 09:26, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
2008 Taipei International Book Exhibition: A good traffic condition corrupted by a short-term rain
Still, no one want to C/E my article especially TIBE's, DAMN! (I'm really angey on no one copy-editing!) Even though I request anyone at IRC. This is a damn problem. But before publishing, please don't send it to Delete Request. Brock contact... 11:02, 22 February 2008 (UTC)
- BTW, I still think someone who want to abandon my articles, even though I ever got the TIBE official badge. Brock contact... 11:05, 22 February 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for your concerns, but I'm worried about abandonment of my articles, it caused me postponed my article preparation and schedule, if you linked the IRC channel, please help me because I'm currently in a bad mood and I want to optimize my feelings recent days. Regards. Brock contact... 15:31, 22 February 2008 (UTC)
Solution of WN:IRC
Stink spreads across England
- Either a reference to the smell in the article, or changing the title to replace "stink" with "stagnant air" would be better. When I saw the title, I thought the article was going to be anti-British vandalism. --GW_SimulationsUser Page | Talk 23:12, 18 April 2008 (UTC)
See here . Thought you might be interested. This could be a good article. I am at work on Friday, and we will have to see about Saturday. DragonFire1024 (Talk to the Dragon) 02:29, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry, didn't get your message until it was too late. If you need to contact me urgently, it is probably best to leave me a message at the English Wikipedia (now we have SUL, that should be easier). Please let me know if there is anything like this available again. Thanks. --GW_SimulationsUser Page | Talk 12:38, 9 June 2008 (UTC)
Not that I am going to change my answer, but was there something about it that you did not like? If so, I'd like to hear it. You can put it on my talk page instead of the election page, if you like. --SVTCobra 01:45, 25 July 2008 (UTC)
- I feel that community consensus is more important than foundation-set rules, and if consensus prevails, foundation policy should change. For this reason, I disagree with your point about striking down policy. Sorry. Good luck for the election. --GW_SimulationsUser Page | Talk 06:27, 25 July 2008 (UTC)