User talk:Gryllida/welcome a bit
content removed (was gibberish) via api
Missed Over 80 die in fire, Draka, Bangladesh in the deliveries for some reason
repeated notification (For version 2)
For one newly created page, I get notified. Someone adds this page to another category I'm interested in, I get notified again. This duplication should be avoided, I guess. Gryllida (talk) 05:20, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
- Doing... Gryllida (talk) 00:19, 14 March 2019 (UTC)
- Not really sure how to work around this. Here are the steps to reproduce:
- Someone signs up for categories 'Australia' and 'Disasters'
- I write an article 'Rob drowned in Sydney' and add it to category 'Australia', someone receives notification
- Two days later I add the article to category 'Disasters', someone becomes notified a second time. That's not intended and should be avoided.
- If they receive notifications on-wiki i can avoid duplication by checking whether the present user-talk page is in 'what links here' in the article. But if that's by email, there is no way to check or to track...? Gryllida (talk) 06:03, 17 March 2019 (UTC)
*add list of matched categories: to each article and a total count in the title (For version 3)
Possible external bug (For Version 2)
- Woirkaround - do not add message for old timestamp '0' - to implement this week --Gryllida (talk) 09:40, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
- phab:T218016. Gryllida (talk) 09:44, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
sort articles in the list by date (For Version 4)
Freshest ones at the top I guess...
group category queries (For Version 4)
I'm interested in Biology, another contributor is also interested. At the moment to send out the notifications, this tool queries this category twice each 10 minutes. It would be nice to do this only once, to save bandwidth. --Gryllida (talk) 05:45, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
*gui For version 3
- Doing... Added User:Gryllida/js/wab-sub.js, which adds a 'subscribe' button next to the list of categories.
- To install the script, edit your Special:MyPage/common.js, or visit .
- To use it, visit any page whose topic is interesting to you, and click 'Subscribe' at the end of the page.
- --Gryllida (talk) 20:40, 12 April 2019 (UTC)