If you would like to receive official Wikinews credentials, please type your username after the slash in the box below, click "request", then follow the instructions. After you have posted, the user's entry will solicit Support/Object votes from Wikinews users for the duration of 7 days for accreditation and 14 for revocation. At the expiration of this time period the user will either be granted accreditation, or the vote removed from this page and archived. In the case of revocation a case may be closed early, but no earlier than 7 days, when there is overwhelming consensus.
Upon successful accreditation
Once accredited, you can get a personal email address on Wikinewsie. Please contact user Brian McNeil about this, your email address will be made up based on the details given when applying — if you have a middle name and you feel having this in the address (or its initial) is important, please say so. You must either provide an existing email address for the password to be sent to, or have enabled email from your en.wikinews account and specify this as the preferred contact method. For further information, contact an active, established, already-accredited user. Requests for an email address must be verifiable — either submit via 'email this user', or signed, and on Brian McNeil's talk page.
In addition to a wikinewsie.org email address, accredited reporters may — at their own expense — obtain a stock of business cards clearly indicating they are an accredited reporter. You can see a sample here. (Note, degraded to a quality that prevents use.)
- 1 Current requests
- 2 Recently closed requests
- 2.1 Gthuman123 (talk)
- 2.2 Bubba73 (talk)
- 2.3 acagastya
- 2.4 Lhcollins (talk)
- 2.5 Acagastya
- 2.6 Dennis Bratland (talk)
- 2.7 Hawkeye7 (talk)
- 2.8 Netscr1be (talk)
- 2.9 Yussufey (talk · contribs)
- 2.10 Microchip08 (talk)
- 2.11 Xiandaniel07 (talk)
- 3 Revocations
- Name: Deh Saaduddin
- Location: Marawi City, Philippines
- Areas of interest: Politics, Technology, Humanitarian, Social, Justice
- Reason: It is my passion to contribute to Wikipedia, when I found WikiNews, I feel more energy to contribute news here.
- User ID: Dehgel
- Applied on: 03:01, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
- Wikinews accreditation is extended to someone we trust and whom we expect to use the accreditation to contribute to Wikinews. You express no interest in contributing here, and in any case you have not attempted to do so and, thus, have neither demonstrated interest in contributing here, nor earned reputation to support your claim on our trust. A request for accreditation is premature. See Wikinews:Pillars of writing, and consider attempting either a synthesis article or, conceivably, a photo essay. --Pi zero (talk) 17:34, 9 June 2019 (UTC)
- Clarification: You should not be asking for accreditation now, before you've done anything here. You should contribute for a while; write articles; get to know Wikinews writing, while the Wikinews community gets to know you; and then perhaps, it will be time for you to apply for accreditation. --Pi zero (talk) 03:24, 12 June 2019 (UTC)
Alex Filipov (talk)
- Name: Aleksandar Filipov
- Location: Varna, Bulgaria
- Areas of interest: Sports Photography - Portfolio: @a.s.photoz on Instagram
- Reason: Spreading the Magic of Sport all around the Globe
- Accomplishments: Graduated Medicine in 2010 in Varna, Bulgaria, several publications in the Internet Press and a few contributed pictures to Wikipedia Commons, some of them front images on the athletes' own Wikipedia pages.
- Contact information: email@example.com - My porfolio is on Instagram - @a.s.photoz
- User ID: I am sorry I clicked "Preferences" - but I didn't find ID
- Applied on: 20:00, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
My idea to contribute to Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons and Wikinews is not by writing articles - I take photos and contribute them to Wikipedia,Wikimedia Commons and Wikinews. I contacted both Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons, it turned out that only Wikinews provides official accreditation press card. Neither Wikipedia nor Wikimedia Commons provides official press card. Federations like FINA, FIBA, FIVB or FIG requires that kind of a card to allow you to be there and shoot major world sport stars. At major championships there are guys, who write and guys who shoot - i am from the "shooters". In every media no one asks a photo-journalist to write an article - they only want cool pictures from him/her.
My publications on the Internet:
http://lap.bg/voleibolnaligananaciitebraziliqfranciq16062018 https://www.beautyinsport.com/balgarkite-zapochnaha-na-evropejskoto-po-gimnastika-galeriya/ - in Cyrillic https://www.beautyinsport.com/en/32nd-european-women-s-artistic-gymnastics-championships-gallery/ https://www.beautyinsport.com/rusiya-s-titla-v-artistichnoto-pluvane-duetat-ni-18-i-snimki/ - in Cyrillic https://www.beautyinsport.com/en/synchronised-swimming-european-championships-gallery/ https://www.beautyinsport.com/rusiya-s-otborna-titla-razlichni-shampionki-na-uredite-obzor-i-snimki/ - in Cyrillic https://www.beautyinsport.com/ansambalat-na-turtsiya-s-kontrolni-trenirovki-vav-varna-galeriya-video/ http://bgswim.com/photos.php?g_id=184 http://bgswim.com/photos.php?g_id=185 http://bgswim.com/photos.php?g_id=186 http://bgvolleyball.com/photos.php?g_id=2900 http://bgvolleyball.com/photos.php?g_id=2921 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilia_Akhaimova https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axelle_Klinckaert https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilaria_K%C3%A4slin
- You have no earned reputation on Wikinews. We extend accreditation to someone we trust and who we expect to use the accreditation to contribute to Wikinews. Note, trust in this case goes to more than just taking good pictures; there's a matter of professional journalistic behavior. A request for accreditation seems quite premature. Are you interested in contributing to Wikinews, either synthesis articles or even photo essays? You may find Wikinews:Pillars of writing helpful as perspective on what we do here. --Pi zero (talk) 20:53, 29 January 2019 (UTC)
- Oppose I'm sympathetic to the lack of assistance from Commons and the 'pedia, but Wikinews is neither of those places. You've never even tried to collaborate on a photoessay, with your photos paired against somebody else's brief writeup, and your response to being asked to do so is very hostile. That doesn't fill me with faith you'd collaborate after accreditation, either. You're asking us to put our project's name against you, but not actually do any work here in return. BRS (Talk) (Contribs) 22:04, 30 January 2019 (UTC)
Recently closed requests
Remember: For requests for revoking credentials, "support" or "revoke" means "remove accreditation," and "oppose" or "keep" means "keep accreditation."
Please note that only accredited reporters who have misused their credentials granted to them (as can be proved through concrete evidence) may be listed here.