|This is an archive of past discussions from Wikinews:Water cooler/proposals/archives/2012. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the|
English Wikinews at Youtube
Some of recent articles include photos and audio. Making a video file out of them and uploading to Youtube could be a good idea for a wider autidence. There is a English Wikinews Youtube channel. Do we want to use it now? Who can add to it? Gryllida 12:31, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
- Does not bother me with the work I have contributed to. --LauraHale (talk) 12:53, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
- I think it's a great idea. It would also partially solve the problem of viewing videos and audio on tablet devices. I would fully endorse it. -- CalF (talk) 15:48, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
hi. im here to suggest if you want put the online weather of cities (even you want) around the world (like this) and put on in Portal:Weather and somewhere you like, i can do it with robot (hourly update) and is very useful. thanks.--Mahdiz (talk) 16:41, 25 December 2012 (UTC)
- A weather bot would be good to have. Quick questions: What's it currently written in? Where is it running?
- The other thing that'd need checked is the source of the data; a great deal of weather data is more-freely licensed than Wikinews' default terms. We'd need to acknowledge that.
- My suggestion would be a trial run, then applying for bot status on the account. Off the top of my head, doing Portal:Weather/Continent and Portal:Weather/Continent/Country would be an excellent start.
- Longer-term, resurrecting the weather maps we had a long time ago would be good. --Brian McNeil / talk 08:17, 26 December 2012 (UTC)