|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the|
Wikinews feeds are broken
Feeds for many news categories rely on feeds from "Zach" - e.g. http://toolserver.org/~zach/cgi-bin/rss.cgi?cat=Climate_change on Climate change
Zach's account on toolserver has expired ("403: User account expired") and the feeds are broken.
- I think something similar can also be done with my RSS script, for example http://toolserver.org/~cspurrier/rss/rss.php?lang=en&family=wikinews&categories=Climate_change --Cspurrier (talk) 02:39, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
Wikipedia turns 10
I have just created a new article called Wikipedia turns 10, for when Wikipedia reaches exactly ten years since going online on Saturday. Can I please have some assistance with creating this article? --Rayboy8 (my talk) (my contributions) 00:50, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
- Take it to the signpost; Wikinews is not a cheerleader for Wikipedia or its in-house newsletter. --Brian McNeil / talk 11:15, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
about a subject?
do people have to have an account; with wikinew's in order to have a discussion with a particular subject or the person discussing the particular subject. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Godfatherofzod (talk • contribs)
- I'm sorry if I misunderstood your question, but you do not need to register an account in order to contribute to Wikinews, but we do recommend it for a variety of reasons.
- By the way, in future, please remember to sign your posts with four tildes (
~~~~) so we know who said what and when - it can get confusing if people forget to sign their posts in lengthy discussions. Anyway, welcome to Wikinews! Δενδοδγε t\c 22:19, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
How do I merge my accounts?
- A common solution is to post a redirect on the User page and User talk page of the old user name, linking them to similar pages with the new one. A user would do this while logged in under the old username, so we can easily see it isn't vandalism.
- If you haven't edited yet with the new username, then you could instead use Wikinews:Changing username