Would you please tell me where to suggest topics? (Scientology)
I am too chronically ill to do much over here, when I already can't predict which en.WP edits that I start will be the ones I have to abandon. (If curious, seeat en.WP for info on my limitations.)
But when working on the External links section of, I saw that the only had articles from 2012 and prior.
Google News shows there have been stories on Scientology since 2012. So:
- I'd like to know if there is a Wikinews page where people can suggest news items that they themselves cannot work on, even if just for future reference.
- Since I can't know if I'll make it back here, if someone else wants to suggest Scientology as a topic that might have current newsworthy merit, please feel free to do so.
- Hi, Geekdiva.
- We've gradually learned here, over the years, that news articles are usually written by one person (though there have been rare exceptions). Requesting that someone else write an article doesn't usually work for us either, we've found, probably because when someone decides they're wiling to donate the volunteer effort to write an article, they mostly want to write on a topic of their choosing rather than something someone else has chosen. There are, after all, already two people involved in making any Wikinews article happen: a writer, and an independent reviewer.
- Cirt has written in the past on Scientology.
- I'm not sure, from your user pages, whether your current limitations apply equally to reading, or more to editing. Also, some people find Wikinews writing difficult to get the hang of while some people just take to it naturally and find it quite easy. So I can't really judge whether you may be able, with a bit of study, to write shortish synthesis articles. If you're interested in learning more about it, I'd suggest starting with WN:PILLARS, then branching out to other pages like WN:SG and perhaps WN:WRITE. --Pi zero (talk) 15:55, 2 November 2014 (UTC)
- To get right down to it, here might be a good idea: Wikinews:Requested articles --Bddpaux (talk) 20:46, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
- and by-the-by, my mother struggled nearly her whole adult life with Rheumatoid arthritis and I'm a social worker, so I'm no stranger to human struggles. I've had periods (mostly related to work/family stuff) where I've had to drift into/drift out of things around here....that's just life!! Hang in there!! --Bddpaux (talk) 20:48, 2 February 2015 (UTC)
Man, oh man
Things have been busy around here!! It's sad we're in such a sad state re: Reviewers and Admins....and I had to disappear for several days due to 'real' life...so, I was of little help! But, for those reviewers and Admins who have jumped in.....good on ya! We really need to boost our sense of 'Community' around these parts.....we really do. I'm going to get back to passing out some awards and what-not. --Bddpaux (talk) 14:40, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
Hi everyone, (to those that still might remember me: I still drop by every now and then to see what news is up here :D ). Just today I somehow had the impulse to have a look at what's happening under the hood here, and was pretty shocked at first to see the number of (undisputed!) articles lying around. Reading on talk pages here and there, it seems that there is a reason for this.
Anyways, so I was thinking maybe I could help with the deluge (of student submitted articles) - it would certainly be a terrible waste for so many of them to languish. Ok, to get to the meat of things, I wanted to request regiving me reviewer rights (the "priviliges", right :P ). I read that it's possible for fast track "regiving". Of course, if you guys want to see me around a bit first (ie doing normal user stuff), I can understand that as well, I'm easy either way.
P.S. Sorry for posting here, I know its not the right place. After looking for it for something like 5 minutes, I decided to plonk it in here anyway...
- In leaving I found the right spot after all.. ! - So moved all this there.