This orientation for educators using Wikinews editing as a class assignment consists of four main modules:
- Welcome, a short introduction;
- The Core, an overview of Wikinews's core principles;
- News writing, a tutorial on the basic mechanics of news writing and communicating with reviewers; and
- Classroom, a walkthrough of best practices and examples for using Wikinews assignments in the classroom. In total, the four modules should take about one to one-and-a-half hours to read.
- Course pages, instructions for requesting user rights, setting up course pages, and using them.