Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to the Grand Unified Wikinews Technology Center.
Places to go
- Google Code Project - This is where our SVN repo is
- Wikinews-tech-l - Mailing list
- live chat at freenode IRC network, primarily #wikinews
Please leave feedback for any of those at the personal talk page of the author.
- Reading, authoring and reviewing tools
- WN:Dialog -- dialog tools, work in progress
- Author: Pi zero
- What does it do?: Create wizards for reading, authoring, reviewing, all directly in wiki markup
- How to use it?: various places at this web site including the 'submit for review' button, category pager
- How to help: test the existing wizards; propose new wizards; learn to write your own
- Author: Bawolff
- What does it do?: adds review tab
- How to use it?: click 'review' and fill in the form to submit your review
- How to help: make it harder to lose the review comment written in the box; make it available to non-reviewers in some form (discuss how first!)
- Android Reader, read Wikinews at Android; last edit in 2010
- User:Gryllida/welcome a bit -- notifications tool to engage readers and authors in reading other articles and drafts
- Author: Gryllida
- What does it do?: Allows you to sign up to receive nearly instant notifications of new drafts in your topics of interest. THey are delivered to the wiki talk page or to your e-mail.
- How to use it?: Click the link and there the 'Sign up' button.
- How to help: test it out, ask friends to test it out, suggest how to make it more discoverable. Check its talk page and implement features for the next release.
- Pitsilemu (under code review as of August 2015)
- gpy (http://gpy.nongnu.org)
- wmf4.me, URL shortening service