Jump to navigation Jump to search
| This page is no longer current and/or valid. It is kept for historical record or interest. Do not assume content on this page is still technically correct.
If the information contained on this page becomes timely again, please remove this tag.
Welcome to the Grand Unified Wikinews Technology Center.
Places to go
- Google Code Project - This is where our SVN repo is
- Wikinews-tech-l - Mailing list
- live chat at freenode IRC network, primarily #wikinews
Please leave feedback for any of those at the personal talk page of the author.
- Reading, authoring and reviewing tools
- WN:Dialog -- dialog tools, work in progress
- Author: Pi zero
- What does it do?: Create wizards for reading, authoring, reviewing, all directly in wiki markup
- How to use it?: various places at this web site including the 'submit for review' button, category pager
- How to help: test the existing wizards; propose new wizards; learn to write your own
- Author: Bawolff
- What does it do?: adds review tab
- How to use it?: click 'review' and fill in the form to submit your review
- How to help: make it harder to lose the review comment written in the box; make it available to non-reviewers in some form (discuss how first!)
- Android Reader, read Wikinews at Android; last edit in 2010
- User:Gryllida/welcome a bit -- notifications tool to engage readers and authors in reading other articles and drafts
- Author: Gryllida
- What does it do?: Allows you to sign up to receive nearly instant notifications of new drafts in your topics of interest. THey are delivered to the wiki talk page or to your e-mail.
- How to use it?: Click the link and there the 'Sign up' button.
- How to help: test it out, ask friends to test it out, suggest how to make it more discoverable. Check its talk page and implement features for the next release.
- Pitsilemu (under code review as of August 2015)
- gpy (http://gpy.nongnu.org)
- wmf4.me, URL shortening service