User talk:Jerome Charles Potts
Jerome Charles Potts, welcome to Wikinews! I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
Our key policies - if you read anything, read these!
- Wikinews:Neutral point of view - tell every side to a story in a fair and balanced way
- Wikinews:Cite sources - everything in a Wikinews article must be sourced
Here a few pointers to help you get to know Wikinews:
- Wikinews:Introduction - overview of the site
- Wikinews:Writing an article - how to write and publish a complete article
- Wikinews:Content guide - what's suitable for Wikinews
- Wikinews:Contents - the contents page.
There are always things to do on Wikinews:
- Existing articles need expanding and checking for spelling and mistakes
- The front page lead articles often need updating
- Developing stories need finishing and publishing
- Discussions need your input
- If you're interested in audio recordings, Audio Wikinews could always use more contributers
- And of course, stories need writing!
By the way, you can sign your name on Talk pages using four tildes (~~~~), which produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, you can ask them at the water cooler or to anyone on the Welcommittee, or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!
About the Slovenia adopts euro article: it's custome on WikiNews to preferentially link to Wikinews pages about countries first, then to Wikipedia. I've added a map for you.--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 11:05, 3 January 2007 (UTC)
comment on MySpace article
Thank you for your suggestion! When you feel an article needs improvement, please feel free to make whatever changes you feel are needed. Wikinews is a wiki, so anyone can edit any article by simply following the Edit This Page link at the top. Don't worry too much about making honest mistakes—they're likely to be found and corrected quickly. If you're not sure how editing works, check out how to edit a page, or use the sandbox to try out your editing skills. — Doldrums(talk) 08:58, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for the greeting. I conducted a bit of research (not much, i admit) on the question i raise in my comment there and haven't found anything, so i figured i'd give whoever wrote that a hard time. And i just wrote a blurb on my user page which explains my attitude. --Jerome Potts 09:14, 25 January 2007 (UTC)