|This is an archive of past discussions from User talk:Microchip08/Archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the|
- 1 Stale items
- 2 Accred
- 3 Dominican comedian Freddy Beras-Goico dies aged 69
- 4 X Factor finalists top UK singles chart with charity song
- 5 About the vandal
- 6 Speedy deletion reasons
- 7 How Does it Look?
- 8 Articles
- 9 Contest newsletter
- 10 Wikinews Writing Contest Newsletter
- 11 Cross-post
- 12 Thanks!
- 13 NSW fire Brigade
- 14 Given Verification
- 15 Detailed statistics?
- 16 Merry Christmas!
- 17 Merry Christmas!
- 18 pussy
- 19 Pss...
- 20 User:Microchip08/common.css
Hi, I notice you failed the review of UK fugitive Raoul Moat commits suicide on the 12th on grounds of staleness. The event and sources were from the 10th. The content guide suggests that 2-3 days from the publication of sources, and within 10 days of the event itself, constitutes "news". --Killing Vector (talk) 09:23, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
- As far as I remember, no new information was added compared to an earlier article, bar one thing (that he had died): so the "news" was stale as it had already been broken elsewhere on the site. I didn't think it was worth creating an entire article -- that, for much of it, was almost a direct copy and paste -- for one sentence. Had that sentence been a paragraph, I might have passed it. However,I do not have the original article in front of me, so my recollections may be completely incorrect, or, perhaps, I'm thinking of a different article. I apologise for making such a grave error, and I will attempt to do better in future. Sorry for any inconvenience, — μ 17:55, July 15 2010 (UTC)
Did your accred get 100% sorted out? I've also a GIMP design for business cards; sadly, the best option we can offer at the moment when prior "semi-DIY" passes have been 'craptacular'. --Brian McNeil / talk 23:07, 17 August 2010 (UTC)
Dominican comedian Freddy Beras-Goico dies aged 69
The name of his television show has already been added. I have added the infomation of why his family fled Colombia and the infomation about his funeral goes as far as it his in his home country of the Dominican Republic.
X Factor finalists top UK singles chart with charity song
Hi There again,
About the vandal
I believe the vandal will have multiple accounts aready. Two, have the same name: AmyRosePwnsU (talk · contribs) and AmyRose00000 (talk · contribs). I bet their will be another coming along soon. 03:54, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
- AmyRosePwnsYou has been blocked locally, and AmyRose00000 has been locked. No other accounts have yet been created; no further action required. — μ 10:49, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
Speedy deletion reasons
I haven't had a chance to look into the infrastructure you've evidently lately set up for the speedy delete template. One thought has occurred to me, though, based on my observation of it in practice: It would be handy for admins if the short versions of its reasons for speedy deletion were taken directly from the dropdown menu that admins have evolved for convenient use through the page deletion tool.
How Does it Look?
United States airline Horizon Air adopts new public branding I am thinking it is starting to look like an actual article now, but I don't know if it should be moved to review yet or not. Teamcoltra (talk · contribs) 21:33, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
- Feel free to put articles up for review any time you like, but beware that harsh criticism sometimes entails. Your lede could be improved substantially: I want to know who, what, why, and when. The article doesn't explain enough: I haven't a clue what 'Eskimo' is. While w:Horizon Air has shown its ability to be successful as a stand-alone brand (it was recently ranked number two in on-time performance in the United States and ranked well on a global level as well) is too POV to go in the lede (in my opinion), and, it could be argued, to POV to go into the article. It also needs categories. Take a look through the style guide again, and Wikinews:Writing an article might be worth a revisit. — μ 21:41, 25 January 2011 (UTC)
- Thank-you! It's not as much as Tempodivalse used to write though; and none are them are of the quality of BRS or Brian McNeil. Care to help? :D — μ 10:21, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
|The Wikinews Writing Contest 2010 Newsletter|
—Message delivered by MikemoralBot on 00:39, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
Wikinews Writing Contest Newsletter
|The Wikinews Writing Contest 2010 Newsletter|
My apology if I was violating rules (if I was, I was unaware of this). I posted it on McNeil's page first, but changed my mind because it's a very important issue (the article contains a defamatory statement) and I thought it would be noticed sooner in the water cooler. I'd have chan ged the article myself, but it's locked.--184.108.40.206 (talk) 18:30, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- I'm simply letting people know (so that if they contribute to one discussion, they'll read the other before replying). I have no stance as to whether you were in the wrong or not. If you login, you'll probably be treated with more weight. And then, you can edit other articles more easily ("220.127.116.11" is hard to remember, a username generally isn't). Regards, — μ 18:33, June 8 2010 (UTC)
This is part of a forked discussion from here. Sorry, but that edit of mine was an error. The real message is here- I thank you for your help.Well, I will try to improve by going through more articles. I will ask you some of my questions if the Water Cooler doesn't satisfy me. Today I will ask you only about Babel boxes, what these are? I will try making articles on rare news events- will it be right? Currently I have created an article 'FIFA World Cup starts today' on Wikinews. It is short, I require more information to make it a little much long. Now I have made it visible as requiring review. I'll be seeing some of the best Wikinews articles and learn from it. Again, before concluding, Thanks. --Sainsf :) 09:15, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
Sources rectified, articles dont list their authors or if they do, do so in an abbreviated form i.e AFD. P.S. Who doesn't know what NSW is? Jeez, what nation do you hail from? -- H.R.H Sovereign King Bradley The Great, Autocrat of All Australia (talk) 10:56, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
- Well, do you know what CoE is? — μ 10:53, June 11 2010 (UTC)
I wanna say the Council of Europe but I am guessing that UNLIKE NSW, CoE has like 100 different meanings... -- H.R.H Sovereign King Bradley The Great, Autocrat of All Australia (talk) 10:56, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
Broken Template Rectified =D -- H.R.H Sovereign King Bradley The Great, Autocrat of All Australia (talk) 11:26, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
- DfT? And don't forget the headline. — μ 11:27, June 11 2010 (UTC)
Something to do with math...what's wrong with the headline? I don't know how to change it...teach me how to -- H.R.H Sovereign King Bradley The Great, Autocrat of All Australia BKCW8 (talk) 11:30, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
- You can't change it until your account is more than four days old. In the mean time, post it on WN:AAA. — μ 11:48, June 11 2010 (UTC)
Hello! I've given the verifications and added new facts, it's needing review. Does it require anything more? Regards--Sainsf :) 11:10, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
Hello there!Thanks for reviewing. But how did you categorize? Is my article satisfying now? Please advise me how to change the news of Nelson Mandela's visiting! Regards--Sainsf :) 11:30, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
Hello there! I'm going to write an article on Eron Ronay's death this morning. I've enough information. Please can you tell me-
- To which categories I should add the article to?
- Some tips on Style Editing?
Thanking you, Regards--Sainsf :) 14:40, 12 June 2010 (UTC) Please review my article 'Food critic Egon Ronay dies at 94', which is ready for publishing.--Sainsf :) 16:37, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
The search engine didn't give me any joy when I tried to hunt down 'detailed statistics'. What are they? Would opting in be helpful to me or the project? --InfantGorilla (talk) 13:47, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
- Not really. It just meant that I couldn't see the graphs here (but it's hardly important). Regards, — μ 18:21, June 24 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks. — μ 09:15, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
- Hopefully it's all done now. All I need now is a vandal to come along so I can test it ;-) — μ 21:50, 2 February 2011 (UTC)