Hi everyone, (to those that still might remember me: I still drop by every now and then to see what news is up here :D ). Just today I somehow had the impulse to have a look at what's happening under the hood here, and was pretty shocked at first to see the number of (undisputed!) articles lying around. Reading on talk pages here and there, it seems that there is a reason for this.
Anyways, so I was thinking maybe I could help with the deluge (of student submitted articles) - it would certainly be a terrible waste for so many of them to languish. Ok, to get to the meat of things, I wanted to request regiving me reviewer rights (the "priviliges", right :P ). I read that it's possible for fast track "regiving". Of course, if you guys want to see me around a bit first (ie doing normal user stuff), I can understand that as well, I'm easy either way.
P.S. Sorry for posting here, I know its not the right place. After looking for it for something like 5 minutes, I decided to plonk it in here anyway...
- In leaving I found the right spot after all.. ! - So moved all this there.
Anyone fancy being a list admin on this? I might do it. It hit 68k unmoderated messages recently and keeps receiving more. It's probably not getting too many any more, though. BRS (Talk) (Contribs) 22:33, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
- @BRS: What would this entail? —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 03:43, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
The review was unclear and in certain points not correct. The review box encourages to ask questions which i did. In three days the reviewer did not answer, return or drop a word. Instead someone else started heavy attacks forgetting about most of the Wikinews policies but i can leave that behind me. Whats with that article now?--Lib2know (talk) 10:04, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
- In case third parties are curious: In response to a review asking for some revisions, the writer wrote remarks demonstrating contempt for the reviewer, so the volunteer reviewer wisely just walked away. I was less wise; I hate to give up on people. So I responded, giving the writer an opportunity to at least partially salvage their en.wn reputation; instead they doubled down with snide remarks toward the reviewer and lashed out at me. Even I could see further attempts at dialog would be pointless, so I walked away too. --Pi zero (talk) 12:37, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry to say that: The text of [[User:Pi zero|Pi zero] is not a third opinion. I asked him for help and he then was heavy involved ignoring most of the policies. He wrote what he thought of the personality of the reviewer and mine - heavy stuff. Instead of really walking away of it he repeats opinions even here - not helpful. Still: who would like to work on a solution?--Lib2know (talk) 14:48, 6 September 2015 (UTC)
You help open wikinewsthai
- Now I want write news thai into wikinews.
- Now User Thai want write wiki news thai--Parintar (talk) 09:44, 3 June 2015 (UTC)