User talk:William S. Saturn
Welcome to the talk page for William S. Saturn. Click here to begin a new section.
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2008
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2009
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2010
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2011
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2012
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2013
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2014
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2015
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2016
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2017
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2018
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2019
- User talk:William S. Saturn/2020
- Thank you all and Happy New Year! I have many new ideas for OR in 2021.--William S. Saturn (talk) 20:52, 1 January 2021 (UTC)
Re: 'welcome a bit' notifications
Hi William S. Saturn!
I've added you for the 'welcome a bit' notifications for review-ready articles for any topic. These notifications will be delivered to your email via Special:EmailUser; if you don't have a valid email set, please do it now. Thank you for signing up!
As new articles appear, I personally encourage you to follow these steps immediately, as soon as the notification is received and you have a few free minutes:
- Approach their author at the article talk page (if they're experienced) or at their personal talk page (this is more suitable for newcomers, as this is where they notice new messages the soonest). Tell them two-three most important things they can do to improve the article, and offering your assistance. It helps to give them tips from content guide, style guide, and/or some important questions about the news event that they're reporting. Remind them to edit quickly to get it published within 2-3 days after the event, leaving some time for review to occur.
- Edit a copy of the article in your personal sandbox. Aim to improve as many things as you can.
- If no response is received within six to twelve hours, then I would recommend to edit the article to completion and submit it for review. (If response or edits are received, then your revision would need to be merged into theirs.) Leave the author a note about what you have done, outlining the main two-three changes that have been made.
This should hopefully help authors and the news readers. There is no commitment; I prefer to do these steps with articles in my topics of interest (my country and my topic, i.e. science and technology).
If you need any assistance, or find a bug in how the notifications are delivered, please let me know.