Please block Gold-Horn
Please block Gold-Horn, at his request, he doesn't wish to edit any more and doing this will stop him. 188.8.131.52 14:39, 26 October 2006 (UTC)
- I was thinking exactly the same thing. --Skenmy(t•c•w•i) 14:44, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
- MessedRocker currently has no registered account on Wikiquote. Please see his meta page. Thunderhead(talk) 23:31, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
One of the ways of getting a point is: "Finding a public domain or copyleft image for an article..." does that include adding an image to an article that was in the Commons? --Nzgabriel | Talk 06:52, 30 October 2006 (UTC)
Hi there. I will sweeten the pot for your contest with a $50 contribution of my own as well, going to the highest point holder. It is conditional on you awarding your portion of the prize to someone. -- IlyaHaykinson 07:14, 30 October 2006 (UTC)
My points in the contest
Here is the my contribution...
- PM reshuffles Cabinet, Pranab Mukherjee is new Indian Foreign minister (Oct 24)
- Manmohan Singh threatened on e-mail (Oct 27)
- Two Pakistani militants arrested in south Indian city of Mysore (Oct 28)
- Sensex crosses 13,000 mark (Oct 30)
I have added one free image of Bombay-Stock-Exchange to the sensex news. Please could you help me to calculate my points. According to me, points are 14 (3 each for 4 news + 2 for the free image). Please revies and add your comments. Regards, Shyam (T/C) 09:59, 30 October 2006 (UTC)
Really? You can request a rename of another person's account if they are a vandal? Did you do this? How did it work? Nyarlathotep 12:09, 31 October 2006 (UTC)
Hello Messedrocker, I have confusions regarding news briefs. Could we news brief for previous dates. I am asking this because all of the news briefs earlier was done on the same day. Regards, Shyam (T/C) 09:33, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
Re:Arab as a slur
The tag itself, although not very pleasant, may not be a slur. But, in this case, there is no need to use the word in the title. For example, when reporting the rape-slayings committed by the US military in Mahmoudiya, we did not confirm the race of the rapist soldier (I believe he was Caucasian) in the title. The same logic should apply here. PVJ(Talk)(Articles I have written) 11:00, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
I feel honored that you have put a comment of mine near the top of your User Page. However, as it is taken out of context, I feel that other users may be confused about it. I certainly hope that they do not use it to form negative opinions of me. But for the record, I would like to say that the comment, with its deliberate broken English, was an attempt at levity and was followed by a "thanks" after Messedrocker corrected an article title, in which I had mispelled Hungary as Hugary. --SVTCobra 01:57, 3 November 2006 (UTC)
- Well, thank you for the clarification on your user page. You are too kind. I just didn't want to get any Hugarians on my case. --SVTCobra 02:11, 3 November 2006 (UTC)
- After looking at it with you explanation, I realize it is not as funny. If you want to remove the explaination, that's cool. It was just that I saw it for the first time and thought "wow, I look like an idiot." So, basically, I'm indifferent. I haven't received any negative feedback from it, and like you said, it has been there a while. And now, my on-going rambling has surely taken away any fun or humor that was left in it. --SVTCobra 02:22, 3 November 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the barnstar!
I really appreciate it! -- Zanimum 21:14, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
Re: Holy edit conflict!
- As with me. I will be contributing to the contest, but Real Life issues have made it hard to get on as much. Thunderhead(talk)(Check out my RFA test) 19:12, 11 November 2006 (UTC)
Do you know of any California Wikinewsies, or even Wikimedians in general. This is somewhat urgent. -- Zanimum 21:34, 14 November 2006 (UTC)
- You can disregard this question. I can pretty much officially say we've not got the Oscars. Despite my best efforts, they won't accept the blame for not sending me a copy of the credential application on time, something I have multiple reasons to blame them for. Anyway, have to pester the Academy monthly from now until this time next year, to make sure they acknowledge the internet's 10th most popular site as legit. -- Zanimum 22:11, 14 November 2006 (UTC)
what are you trying to do with the main page header
just curious, because your setting properties like background-position when you have a solid coloured background, thats not going to appear to move no matter how hard you position it. Bawolff ☺☻ 04:08, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
The mIRC somehow does not work. I typed in
/server irc.freenode.net -j #wikinews-en but it says: unable to connect. I do not understand what is the problem. I guess I'll be stuck with CGI IRC :( FellowWikiNews (W) 21:31, 15 November 2006 (UTC)
- It worked fine for me. You have to put all of your infomrmation in, and type that. Are there any spaces at the end? 184.108.40.206 21:46, 15 November 2006 (UTC)—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Thunderhead (talk • contribs) unlogged.
How am I? busy as usual. Good to hear from you regarding Wikinews, and that you're doing well. I'm not around because I'm not involved with any WMF projects, which is fine because I haven't room in my schedule for all the things I'm trying to do now!
I don't much like your ass-holiness
you block me for no reason, i'm tired of it -Edbrown05 07:27, 24 November 2006 (UTC)
- Worse than that, you produce a record of blocking that has no basis, provide a basis. -Edbrown05 07:36, 24 November 2006 (UTC)
- Messed, I hope you don't mind me jumping in. Take a look at the message title you just said. Incivility and Personal Attacks aren't that nice. Thunderhead(talk)(Check out my RFA test) 08:06, 24 November 2006 (UTC)
==Your thoughts, please.==
Have you read the posts in the discussion on the feature-length article ""Jezebel of Jazz," Anita O'Day dead at 87"?
In there, I have presented the case why the original headline (as written above) is correct. The original deadline is concise, exact, compact, creative and sparks intrigue in the readers' imaginations.
The first headline change was made with no discussion.
The change was grammatically and stylistically improper. My request for discussion several times was ignored.
Your thoughts and mediation are welcome. Mink Butler Davenport 00:17, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
RE: The Birthday Song
Unpublishing and Vandalism
Hi, I answered your comment in my talk page -thanks for the comment. Towsonu2003 00:01, 2 December 2006 (UTC)
You are getting very sleepy...
unlock it. --Wikiaccount1 12:34, 5 December 2006 (UTC)
Odd edit by IP
See User talk:Messedrocker/wiki/Wikinews:Water cooler/ - I'm presuming this is some sort of spam (it might also make sense to check if the IP is an open proxy). JoshuaZ 23:43, 10 December 2006 (UTC)
Just saw a note from you on my talk on Amgine departing
I just made a major change here which seemed worth my time considering the skimpy and overly narrow focus of the original source articles. Template:I2I know you're into the international side of matters, and it's a lot more relevant that way now. Template:ISince you're my sole contact over here (I know of Template:Ut too, I guess), and my log-in is currently blocked (corrupt password? I won't know til I get home to see email) I thought I ought to flag the item and request backup copy edits for style, etc. here.
- I saw you edited the article a few days back, and I really don't know the ropes here!
- Gotta run. I'm way overdue! Template:I2Happy holidays! Nice to meetchya, Best wishes, Template:Ut and 220.127.116.11 17:32, 14 December 2006 (UTC)
|Merry Christmas, Harej/Archive02! I have really enjoyed working with you this year, and I am honestly looking forward to another year just like it. Wikinews is a great community, and I am really excited to be a part of it. Again, Merry Christmas! Thunderhead|
|FellowWikiNews is whishing thou a Merry |
realised they had
and therefore DEMANDS you have yourself a Merry Christmas... NOW!
Failure to comply will result in going to jail with Santa. (Note: Santa is Satan spelt backwards)!
Christmas Story (Children Friendly):
Often depicted as an obese man wearing a tasteless red, ermine trimmed suit, Santa Claus is a self-employed Caucasian male who's been married to the same woman for several centuries. It appears likely that he is a churchgoer, insofar as he is a Catholic saint and a former bishop. It has to be assumed here that Claus was released from his vows, or else he would not have been married.
Frequent arguments have erupted over the political affiliation of Claus. Ten years ago, Dick Cheney inadvertently dealt a savage blow to the morale of the Republican Party when he misidentified the political affiliation of Santa Claus in his best-selling book, Parliament of Whores. "Santa Claus," he said, "is a Democrat." However it is perfectly obvious from his demographic profile alone that Santa is in fact a Republican.
This assessment is often rebutted by Democrats with Anne-McCaffery counter-analysis: Santa Claus has no children. High-achieving professionals without children trend Democratic. While the Clausian canon does not specifically address the issue of Santa's children, numerous extra-canonical sources suggest that Claus did, in fact, reproduce. Numerous Christmas TV movie specials alone support this point.
Santa is renowned for an aggressive adherence to a binary naughty/nice list, which suggests an impatience for nuanced moral positions that betrays his Republican preferences. Santa's mere willingness to define individuals along a naughty/nice axis demonstrates his indifference to the philosophical stance of, say, The New York Times. And note that no canonical or extra-canonical Clausian text indicates that Santa ever attended college or, God forbid, graduate school.
FellowWikiNews approves of this story.
Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year, Messed. incidentally, Doldrums is happy to celebrate any event involving presents, liquor-filled cakes, decorated trees and playing about with figurines. — Doldrums(talk) 07:03, 24 December 2006 (UTC)
It was only a proposal, but if French people are not allowed to propose anything, or to write on English Wikinews, it would be right to say it clearly. It was just an idea. Hégésippe | ±Θ± 08:12, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
- We welcome all people of all backgrounds on English Wikinews. I didn't mean to offend you, or scare you off; I am far from perfect in speaking French so there is a great chance I have mistakenly addressed you rudely. That is not my intention. I apologize for my audacious ambition to speak in a new language. ★MESSEDROCKER★ 08:19, 31 December 2006 (UTC)
RE: Oh boy
- ah NO! I am leaving all wikimedia projects that I am a member on, why? see this!
- Thats too bad. I'm glad you consider us not evil yet (: hopefully we'll be the google of wikis (although googles not all good, they're the best big company I know of). Do you have any opinions on what wikipedia should of (or should) done/do to change this? (out of curiosity more then anything else, eventhough the chance of them doing anything is zip, I find it intreasting as to what people think could be done to improve it. Bawolff ☺☻ 08:45, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
I'm talking about an entirely different matter,
- Umm hope you don't mind me jumping in, but the history page for his user page should not show his editrs to other pages. perhaps you mean special:contributations ? user:Bawolff
- What's a special:contamination page?
- And furthermore, what is meant by "the history page for his user page should not show his editrs to other pages". I thought that was the porpose<!> -Edbrown05 03:46, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- sorry misspelt - special:contributions/Dan100. A user page history shows a history of a user page. for example http://en.wikinews.org/w/index.php?title=user:Bawolff&action=history shows no edits today, but shows all edits to user:Bawolff (Including the vandals, and MessedRocker reverting the vandals). Bawolff :-)(-: 04:08, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- User Dan100's user page doesn't show history, I have a problem with that. -Edbrown05 04:22, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- oh wait your talking about edits to that page. not edits that Dan made in general. Well I think I know why now. For some unknown reason he deleted and restored his user page several times between jan 4 - jan 5. If you were an admin you could see special:undelete/User:Dan100. Unfourtanatly I geuss you can only look at special:log/delete ( however there is no deleted history, so everything you see in the delete log is what I see). I have no idea why he did this. Bawolff :-)(-: 04:31, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
- hmm, wierd yess, i won't pursue this further. -Edbrown05 04:38, 10 January 2007 (UTC)
Archiving the watercooler...
... was a bit early I think, many topics that were not debated yet were removed, I added some back already. I know there is a lot of apathy about those comments though.--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 14:55, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
The Goings-on Selection
Welcome to the first edition of this fortnightly Community Newsletter! If you have comments, please voice them. If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, you can unsubscribe. If you have news for the next edition, please submit it here.--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 00:30, 14 January 2007 (UTC)
I agree with your changes, the papers in Mumbai seem to be giving it a particularly sinister twist. Many street names in Mumbai and elsewhere in India are in English (we even have a "Royal" Western India Turf Club, 60 years after becoming a republic), remnants of the 200 years of association with the British. We also play cricket, use Commonwealth English, drive on the left-side of the road, and a host of other British stuff. You should visit Mumbai sometime! PVJ(Talk)(Newpages) 11:45, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
- I guess screenshot can be interpreted in a wide sense as any screenshot, whereas in a narrow sense, it only refers to software screenshots.--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 17:11, 20 January 2007 (UTC)
I am confused. All news stories have to start out with a press release... what the hell? What's the difference, a press release IS a news story.
--18.104.22.168 21:42, 22 January 2007 (UTC)
- Wikinews cannot publish direct copys of press releases and claim them as our own. Thunderhead - (talk) 22:24, 29 January 2007 (UTC)
Photo Req Template
I have created a new template for photos and have included the email address for pictures you set up. I would just like to confirm that you are still using that account before i start using the template. Thanks --22.214.171.124 23:03, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
No sir! I am not related to the new general in Afghanistan. Yes sir! we have the same last name. Well no sir! I have not traced the general's genealogy to see if we are related.
- Lol. What a coincidence! —FellowWikiNews (W) (sign here!) 23:20, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
- Not really, "McNeil" is a common name. ★MESSEDROCKER★ 23:22, 5 February 2007 (UTC)
- That's weird... Both sites don't work for me too. —FellowWikiNews (W) (sign here!) 00:38, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
- Both sites work from here terinjokes | Talk | Come visit the WikiBistro 10:31, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
- Same both sites work from here but youve got your self a bit/ a lot of vandilism going on!!--Markie 10:40, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
Sorry, no. I don't even know what NeonNet is, sorry. IronFist 02:52, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
XM and Sirius Announce Merger Deal
Could you look at XM and Sirius Announce Merger Deal again and see if it's okay now? This is my first article; I didn't realize that it was so different than Wikipedia's cite templates.
TomXP411 00:44, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
Draw Your Attention...
Hiya, Messed. I was wondering if I could draw your attention to the current RfA that Stevenfruitsmaak instigated for me. I'd love to get your comment on it. --Thunderhead - (talk) 01:22, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
You're resigning? Is there any specific reason why?19:56, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- Please do not resign...If you resign, then I will too...this is ridiculous to resign over a policy discussion. You are a great contributer and we cannot lose you. DragonFire1024 19:57, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- It's a combination of the fact that there are people willing to defend something antithetical to wiki, as well as the fact that I have lost interest in Wikinews quite a while ago. ★MESSEDROCKER★ 19:59, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- I hope you won't be leaving all the Wikimedia projects, but at least we can still work together on Wikiyouth. I am saddened to see you go, but I'm not going to force you to stay. Heh, you left right when I was developing my Wikinews tool. :P 20:00, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- Wikinews is probably the most draining project the foundation has started - as well as the one running closest to what you can get away with on copyright. I stick around because there's always new content to read - and in the wiki way you can make corrections and tidy it up. There's always something to do, and something new to read. I've enjoyed working with you on the wiki; you know more of the technical details than I do, and you've helped keep the place fun to be around. I'll say that I'd hope you'd reconsider, but I won't push on it. --Brian McNeil / talk 20:09, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- *Sigh* Another one of the old gang leaving. Apart from saying that I have indeed enjoyed working with you, I guess there's nothing I can do. But, seriously, do you really want to leave the news business to these morons ? --+Deprifry+ 20:55, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- Well, I too feel sad that you are leaving Wikinews. —FellowWikiNewsie 21:03, 28 March 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry to see go. Good luck to you in your future endeavours. It was fun while it lasted. --SVTCobra 23:33, 28 March 2007 (UTC) Hugary!
- Sad to see such a good contributor go, see you around on Pedia or elsewhere! All the best!--Steven Fruitsmaak (Reply) 12:00, 29 March 2007 (UTC)
- Messedrocker, sorry to see you leaving. I really enjoyed your contributions to the site. If you decide to come back, I'm sure you'll find yourself welcomed right back! -- IlyaHaykinson 05:41, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
I've been working and improving WikiPedia for some time now, and have come to a point where I would like to get into WikiNews. This would be a great start. ChristopherFlynn (talk) 02:01, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
Skinning the wiki.
I've a variation of Datrio without all the curvey bits and a picture background. My idea for a skin involves a picture of a newspaper (rolled/folded broadsheet) similar to how Wikipedia has an open book. The picture is the hard part, I found stock photos that would be perfect - but licensing... --Brian McNeil / talk 13:11, 18 May 2007 (UTC)
- If I've got this right you should be able to work on this css and share your redesign under View->Page Syle->Messedrocker (at least on Firefox). --Brian McNeil / talk 10:43, 21 May 2007 (UTC)
you're back (a little bit anyway)
Sean and the G8
I don't know if you've followed the discussion over on WN:AR, but I think the best way to close off the discussion for the time being is if Sean can have a press pass with an expiry date. How feasible is that with your design? --Brian McNeil / talk 08:58, 28 May 2007 (UTC)
- Hi, Brian told me I was to ask you for an image of a wikinews Presscard, so thats what I´m doing :). Regards Sean Heron 07:43, 30 May 2007 (UTC)
Hi James, brianmc said me that talk to you for a press pass. I received my accreditation today. What do you need for make the press pass? a picture?. Regards, Loco085 14:48, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for the answer, but they just help me with the pass. Regards, Loco085 23:39, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
Congratulations, you have just been remade a sysop! Former administrators who resigned their adminship in good standing may be reinstated at the discretion of any bureaucrat.Brian | (Talk) | New Zealand Portal 19:44, 15 August 2007 (UTC)
I help maintain the following article:
A photo of the accused murderers was recently removed due to questionable copyright information. Fortunately criminal mug shots are public domain and thus open source and can be readily uploaded to Wikipedia. The only problem is I won't be able to obtain mug shots of the accused murderers' because I lack a reporters credential. Another wiki editor referred me to WikiNews and suggested I ask an accredited member for assistance in obtaining mugshots
The images in question can be found on this commercial news site, though they can't be copied due to copyright laws.
Would you be willing to contact the Knox County Sherriff's office to obtain these mugshots?
It should be fairly easy for you, since you are an official WikiNews reporter. Graham Wellington 17:37, 22 August 2007 (UTC)
Hi, just seeing about the Wikinewsie website redesign, and noticing the bio part...
|Reporting for Wikinews since 2004, Nick Moreau has focused his original reporting on North American entertainment and Canadian politics. His coverage ranges from interviews of Ontario provincial parliament and city council candidates, the latter of which which were quoted the Toronto Star newspaper, and uncovering the internet child-baiting of John Mark Karr, the false confessor in the Jon Benet murder investigations, to odder beats such as regular investigative coverage of the Tigger hit incident, while other news outlets left the story at the first unbalanced report. Moreau regularly gets professional photographers to volunteer their time and take photos at events around the continent, including as award shows, red carpets, and concerts. Moreau was a sports and history reporter for The Brampton Bulletin newspaper for two years.|
Something like this, maybe? -- Zanimum 16:28, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
Since you removed this discussion without explaining why, I have reinstated it and would ask you to explain why you removed it. Thanks. Adambro 16:51, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
Edbrown05 Request for ArbCom
I've proposed a request for arbcom relating to the recent situation with Ed. If you take issue with being listed as an involved party, please remove your name from that list. Otherwise, I suppose you'll be expected to make a brief statement on that page. 07:57, 23 October 2007 (UTC)
See User:Ironiridis/Edbrown05 15:48, 23 October 2007 (UTC)
Press pass pretty pretty please, with cherries on top?
Hey James, could you send me a press pass please? :) I meant to ask for one a while ago but got lazy on it. --TUFKAAP 04:33, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
- I'll upload a new one tomorrow, the one on my user page is outdated. --TUFKAAP 04:09, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
- I've uploaded it. Use that one. --TUFKAAP 04:14, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
If you have not already seen this, please look, comment, and vote both here and on bugzilla. Further assistance such as contact information for Google would be a very useful detail to share and help in petitioning for a listing in their news index. --Brian McNeil / talk 14:53, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
Greetings, I wanted to let you know that our policy regarding accreditation has recently changed slightly. Specifically we've enacted an automatic expiration of accreditation after 2 years. You can very easily "re-up" your accreditation should you choose to, but at this point in time you're on the Inactive list. As such your accreditation will automatically be revoked on March 15th unless you request otherwise. Currently, posting to the following thread will keep your accreditation. At a later date, all Accredited reporters will be put in for that "re-up", at which time you'll be notified. Thank you, and should you have any questions, feel free to contact me on my talk page. --ShakataGaNai ^_^ 20:47, 4 March 2010 (UTC)
This is your last/only warning. The next time you vandalize a page, you will be blocked from editing Wikinews. Please use the sandbox for any other tests you want to do, since testing in articles will be reverted quickly. Δενδοδγε τ\c 20:54, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- Learn the difference between vandalism and blatant incivility. Then, eat shit. harej (talk) 20:55, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- (edit conflict) To be clear, I am referring to your comment "You guys are despicable. Your actions are the assumption of the worst faith possible. Kill all of yourselves." That is a clear personal attack, and could possibly be taken as a threat. Please stick to reasonable and constructive discussion in future.
- By the way, you just earned yourself a block. Δενδοδγε τ\c 20:56, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- Block-happy project, I'm seeing. Killiondude (talk) 22:17, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- Conservapedia-like. Heh. This block was made because of the AGF-fail statement he did. --Diego Grez return fire 22:18, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- Block-happy project, I'm seeing. Killiondude (talk) 22:17, 6 June 2010 (UTC)
- By the way, you just earned yourself a block. Δενδοδγε τ\c 20:56, 6 June 2010 (UTC)